Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
8,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So for whoever wanted to know why people start smoking in the first place, girl problems are a reason.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,262 Posts
Well I would quit and learn to meditate. Your body is your temple. You need to take care of it.

Hope you can work out your female problems.

·
Registered
8,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by <b>Tom</b>!
yep, it will be harder to make up with your girl if you smell like smoke.
Harder still when she lives on the other side of the country.

I'm also well aware of how stupid smoking is. That's why I quite in the first place. But you'd be amazed at how effective a cigarette is at relieving stress.

A temporary solution, to be sure, but a solution nonetheless. Some people just need it. If that makes me weak, then so be it.

·
Nobody
6,373 Posts
I'm sorry to hear you're having problems.

If you're having girl problems I feel bad for you son, I've got ninety-nine problems but a ***** ain't one.

·
Registered
8,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by <b>Nevus</b>!
I'm sorry to hear you're having problems.

If you're having girl problems I feel bad for you son, I've got ninety-nine problems but a ***** ain't one.
I'd love to be in your shoes right about now.

I also have this sudden unexplainable urge to snap into a Slim Jim.

Ooooooooh

Yeah.

·
Premium Member
19,992 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Spriggan</b>!

Harder still when she lives on the other side of the country.

I'm also well aware of how stupid smoking is. That's why I quite in the first place. But you'd be amazed at how effective a cigarette is at relieving stress.

A temporary solution, to be sure, but a solution nonetheless. Some people just need it. If that makes me weak, then so be it.
Well...as long as you think its temporary...its cool.

The only aside to that is women problems don't go away ever...They just change.

·
Registered
8,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by <b>Tom</b>!

Well...as long as you think its temporary...its cool.

The only aside to that is women problems don't go away ever...They just change.
This is different than most girl problems because we were best friends for several years before becoming romantically involved.

And we both just decided the best thing to do is distance ourselves as much as possible from each other. Basically not speak to each other again. Or else it's too hard.

This way is ****ty as well, of course, but you figure eventually we'll get over each other. Can't really do that if we continue talking.

Life sucks.

·
Premium Member
19,992 Posts
if i might ask....are there outside influences involved...sounds like something pretty majore would have to happen for such drastic measures.

Answer if you would like.:)

·
Registered
8,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Outside influences? I don't think so. Not on my part. Hopefully not on hers either.

This was a mutual decision. We went through every possible scenario, but they would have ended up making things worse.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Sorry to hear that Spriggan. I've seen many people try to quit and some have.

Here's the way my dad did it: He picked a date, and stuck to it.

So you could pick say, Sept. 15 as your "quit date." Smoke all you want till then. But when the 15th rolls around, put them out. Just don't have another one. It'll be hard, but I've seen it work.

Just a suggestion. Hang in there buddy! :)

·
Registered
9,192 Posts
I know your pains my good man.

Time is the best cure of girl problems.

Sure won't feel like it now, but within a couple of weeks, you'll feel fine again.

·
Registered
8,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by <b>HearToTemptYou</b>!
I know your pains my good man.

Time is the best cure of girl problems.

Sure won't feel like it now, but within a couple of weeks, you'll feel fine again.
I'm sure it'll take more than two weeks, but if I had to look on the bright side: there are a lot of fine girls around here. But do they also have the rare beauty/brains/personality combo that my ex had? That remains to be seen.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Sorry about the girl problems

When I quit smoking I started running to relieve stress. I had never run more than I had to for sports teams so I didn't like it at first. Its come to be a great stress reliever for me. Anyhow there will be other girls so don't sacrifice your future health. Smoking is a crutch and the more you return to it the more you will feel you need to in the future.

·
Premium Member
9,371 Posts
Originally posted by <b>max powers</b>!
Sorry about the girl problems

When I quit smoking I started running to relieve stress. I had never run more than I had to for sports teams so I didn't like it at first. Its come to be a great stress reliever for me. Anyhow there will be other girls so don't sacrifice your future health. Smoking is a crutch and the more you return to it the more you will feel you need to in the future.
Interesting man. I run to relieve stress that comes from girl problems. Running feels great. I love it when I'm pissed off. I think I'm addicted to adrenaline.

As far as the smoking goes, I don't know anything about it. I've never tried but 4Snappers September 15th idea sounds like a great start. Give it a shot.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts