Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The young man has good size (6'3" 202) good offense (12.8 ppg,15.5 ppg as a starter last season) and good defensive ability. Joe Dumars was pleased with the way the young man handled himself in the interviews and I got the impression from some of the things I read that Joe sees a little of himself in C-Bill.One downside is that Billups wants a Starting/30 mpg guarentee and I know Joe wont do that.The best Joe can do is say to him "That decision has to come from coach Carlisle.All I can Guarentee is that you'll be given every opportunity to win the starting job.What you do with that opportunity is up to you...Jeff McInnes is a good second choice,He's a very capible PG,but his defense is sub-par and he has a questionable attitude.I hear Jeff can be downright charming when he doesn't get his way.One of the main reasons he is being considered is his close relationship with former Tarheel teammate Jerry Stackhouse. Travis Best is also being considered.This is Rick Carlisle's pick I'm sure.The coach is very high on the guy going back to the Pacers days.I don't want him,he has virtually the same game as Chucky Atkins (Travis is a better distributor though),it would be redundant and make for a very small PG situation.

·
Hokeamaniac
5,775 Posts
Actually, from what I've read Billups is a defensive liability. I really like Billups, but it's hard to deny the fact that the Wolves record went absolutely downhill after Brandon went down with injury. Many people seem to like McInnis moreso than Billups, but when it comes down to it, I'd choose Billups. He's shown he has great ability to score (even better than Chucky), and we need another good scorer in the line-up. Maybe the coaching staff can work with him on is defense.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if he went to the Pistons. Also, I think McInnis might make a trip to Detroit... They both seem like a good fit.

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like he's a Piston.They're already planning a press conference.He'll get a 6 year $35 mil deal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts