Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im not gonna go on a Nash tirade here..at all. Im simply gonna say what i feel the problem with him staying on as Blazers GM.

Nash has obvioulsy made mistakes with Miles & Zach(extensions) who just really seem to be problems for Nate and the organization. The problem is...i dont think nash can make moves to get rid of them, and if he does....it basically says he made 2 MONSTER mistakes. I say nash has to go because i cant honestly think he will even admit hes made mistakes on draft day. Its very hard to ask Nash to get rid of certain palyers cause if/when he does..... its calling him a failure. When nash is finally let go, a new GM will look at this roster and realize who can stay and who can go for us to start winning again. Nate obvioulsy will have his hands in this desicion as well. I think the Blazers might follow the same path as the knicks when they hired Thomas in mid season firing long time GM Dupont. The knicks and the Blazers are basically dealing with the same exact problem....BAD GMs who wanted high profile type coaches...yet get them all the WRONG PLAYERS. You cant give Brown/Nate players like the blazers and knicks have if you want to succeed! I also blame both coaches for taking teh jobs since they knew what both teams had.

This brings me to my point of Nash having to be fired to right the ship. Nash has ties to alot of these players now and the only way to get a fair view on the talent is bring in an outside GM who has experience making high qulaity trades and getting franchises on the winning track. Regardless of what some say about Nash....he will not be our GM when we return to the postseason. I just cant see Nash wanting to admit he was wrong, should he have to trade Miles, Zach or even Ratliff. Its just time for a new view on where the Blazers should go....nash just cannot come up with that view.

Look at the Ruben situation, how could nash actually think he would change. I mean we all knew Ruben would hate the LOSING. How can the Blazers GM not know it? There must have been trades nash has passed on. Everyone knew this was coming....its just sad the Blazers let it happen....again!

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
Here's the rub. I don't think it was Nash that did the resigning of Zach, Miles and Ratliff. I think Patterson and Allen had more to do with their resignings then Nash did. Especially the Miles signing. I think Patterson and Allen took a look at the positive PR and fan excitement they were getting with those three as our starting front line and decided they'd be willing to do anything to keep that front line together.

·
Registered
7,834 Posts
Wait are you saying Isiah Thomas is a good GM?

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
sa1177 said:
Wait are you saying Isiah Thomas is a good GM?
No, actually he was comparing IT to Nash. And considering we know what he thinks of Nash, I don't think that could be calling him good. ;) Either that or I'm totally misreading it.

·
Registered
7,834 Posts
Foulzilla said:
No, actually he was comparing IT to Nash. And considering we know what he thinks of Nash, I don't think that could be calling him good. ;) Either that or I'm totally misreading it.
Yet he talks about the firing of Dupont during midseason and the suqsequent hiring of Thomas to replace him while suggesting we fire Nash. Hum...confusing but I think you are right about what he intended to mean.

I think the Blazers might follow the same path as the knicks when they hired Thomas in mid season firing long time GM Dupont

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
Look at where we were, look at where we are, and look at where we'd be if at this point we cut our losses.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts