Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
.....that if you have a complaint about how things are being "moderated", on THIS, or any other board, please feel free to contact myself, showtyme or Truebluefan via private messaging. Lets not utilize this board for showing our disapproval in this area; it is counterproductive to what the boards were designed for? Thanks everyone.:grinning:

·
Rollin Wit Da Homies
5,080 Posts
I am completely at all of your service as well. I don't do a ton of moderating as it is, which I'm proud to say is a great thing for a board of this magnitude. Nevertheless, if there is something you want to comment on that doesn't seem like it's being done, or something that's being done in excess, then please feel free to PM me or Bamabull at any time. We're both on the boards several times a day, so whoever gets here first will be sure to answer your question, or if we can't, we'll pass it on to someone who can.

Thanks, Bulls fans (and haters too) !!

·
Registered
2,245 Posts
DSB, when I read your post I was going to tell you to go find another site, if you don't like things here. However, I do agree that censorship is a problem on this site. I see some guy named "John" swooped in and closed a thread for a lame reason. If anyone was out of line, it was probably Ron, imo. Furthermore, I couldn't even understand what it was this guy typed (his reason for locking the thread). I wish that mods and administrators from other boards would let True Blue and the 2 mods for this board run the Bulls board. They know the personalities of the posters here better than the other mods/administrators of this site. We have a good thing going here at basketballboards, it would be a shame if moderators with trigger fingers ruined it. Sorry, just wanted to get that off of my chest.

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
Several of you already do so, but for those who dont, pm me anytime with problems or questions you have. That way we can try and keep some problems off the board and talk about the Bulls more!!! truebluefan

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
With all due respect, I don't think "taking things up via PM" is always the best solution.

For one thing, it gives the moderators no accountability at all. The rest of the users don't see what PMs are being made, it's hard to gauge what's acceptable and what's not.

There are lots of opinions on this board, and keeping everything all hush-hush... except when the hammer comes down... is not the best way to do things in my opinion. Ultimately, the level of moderation is going to have to reflect the will of the community. If the moderators bring the hammer down on people, they need to understand that if they aren't accountable when they do so, it's going to end up chasing people away.

·
Rollin Wit Da Homies
5,080 Posts
I'm a little hurt that no one has been PMing me with any problems at all, but I understand that I'm a new mod and I've only been around for a few months on these boards, as well as only a year prior to that on RealGM...

But I'm a friendly guy, reliable and fair.... that's why they let me be a mod. I can't speak on behalf of other mods, community mods, or admins, but I can try to answer any question to the best of my ability, and I can try to get answers from those higher up than I.

We're here for YOU, the posters, and no other reason. It's not like we're getting paid, and it's not like we do it to show off to our friends. We want to help the posters out, because we appreciate the community that these boards foster in sports interest.

So please. PM me, Bama, or TBfan with anything, any time.

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
Originally posted by Mikedc
With all due respect, I don't think "taking things up via PM" is always the best solution.

For one thing, it gives the moderators no accountability at all. The rest of the users don't see what PMs are being made, it's hard to gauge what's acceptable and what's not.

There are lots of opinions on this board, and keeping everything all hush-hush... except when the hammer comes down... is not the best way to do things in my opinion. Ultimately, the level of moderation is going to have to reflect the will of the community. If the moderators bring the hammer down on people, they need to understand that if they aren't accountable when they do so, it's going to end up chasing people away.
Thats true to a point mike. But some posters have problems with the moderators and because of that they can't really say what they want in fear of being edited. So it works both ways.

As far as what is acceptable, read the guidelines. Thats still what most of us go by. And this is a new board still. Many of us are not perfect. Still a learning process for most of us. Posters suggestions or gripes sent through pm gives us a feel of what they want. Then as moderators we can discuss them.

·
Rollin Wit Da Homies
5,080 Posts
As for the purpose of PM's, they are so that issues about policy or problems of a personal nature don't clog the boards, whose primary purpose is to discuss basketball (specifically here, the Bulls) in its many facets.

I know that there have been times in the past where PMing has furthered an air of conspiracy. To let the world know, I am the same guy in the PM's as I am on the boards... I'm not going to pull a quick one on you. On the RealGM boards, I was among the vocal that protested TBFan's temporary banning because of a lot of shady business happening on the PM's.

I know you have never met me, but I think you can trust me.

If you feel like PMing is not the right conduit for a situation, then post on the boards. This is your right as a poster.

If you would like to start a new thread about this, please go ahead. The purpose of this thread was simply to inform everyone that TBFan, Bama, and I are available for you.

This thread is now closed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.