Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
_(ツ)_ส้้้้&#3
28,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Not sure how many watched the game, but with 7:19 to go in the second quarter of the Laker game, Brian Grant and Pau had a little staredown that resulted in a double-technical and then Grant's ejection.

After Gasol scored a layup on Grant, undersized in replacing Chris Mihm as the team's starting center, Grant jogged down the court and made contact with Gasol when taking his position. Immediately after this, Grant extended a forearm into Gasol's chest, which brought all teammates of both guys to break the two up.

Grant was hot for whatever reason, probably because Gasol already had 6-8 points at that point, and the Lakers were down by 20+. What he did was completely unneccesary, and I personally thought the forearm was worthy of a one-game suspension.

Pau's reaction was what I'm happy with. He just took a step back, rolled his eyes and had this "*****, please..." look on his face while everyone separated the two. Grant really came off looking like an idiot because Pau didn't get suckered into his little game and looked more annoyed than surprised at the situation.

The refs did give Pau a technical in the incident, which was a bad call on their part. Guys shouldn't get technicals for standing there and getting elbowed in the chest. Unless Pau said something while everyone was breaking things up.

Anyway, Pau wasn't rattled and went on to get a double-double, his 14th of the year.

Showed a lot of maturity out there, while Grant just looked...dumb. I'm glad Pau didn't respond and get suspended for a couple games. We can't afford to have him on the bench anymore, and I think he realized that.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Pau did the right thing:he didn't do something that could affect negatively him and his team,and he didn't look like a scared girl.
He just looked at Grant with a "What the **** is this scrub doing?You are losing by +20 points but have a little dignity,come on...." expression in his face.
Anyway,I am glad Grant didn't throw any punches.He could have broken Pau in 1000000 pieces

1 - 2 of 2 Posts