Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Home where I wanted to go
9,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thread is reserved for people who made inaccurate predictions about a team, player, or the league in general. It's time to fess up. I was wrong about Sam Cassell and Spreewell being washed up. I said that they were on the decline and that they'd contribute very little to the Wolves this year. Obviously, I was dead wrong.

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
I proposed Ron Artest would be traded to Houston or somewhere by the first 3 games of this year and not be able to clean up his act, I was wrong.

·
Registered
452 Posts
i was wrong when i said how well the spurs were going to do and how the wolves were going to fall apart by mid-season. i figured the spurs would have the best record in the league most of the season and the wolves would be about a 4 or 5 seed.

·
Registered
452 Posts
oh and that the jazz would have one of the worst records in the league..i wasn't exactly alone in that prediction though.

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
I was wrong about???????????

not lebron.......not the cavs........not the lakers.......not the timberwolves..........not kirk hinrich.......................oh!

Brad Miller not being an all-star player in the west. I really dont make bold predictions. But I might have said thia about Miller to someone not on this board.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I was qrong about the Bulls. Had them as the seven seed in the east and a possible second round contender if the drew Jersey in the first round.

·
"True Story"
1,330 Posts
I was wrong about the Lakers. I predicted they'd go 80 - 2. If not, I figured they'd surely beat the Bulls 72 - 10 record. So much for those.:no:

·
"True Story"
1,330 Posts
Originally posted by <b>daveybreitz</b>!
I was qrong about the Bulls. Had them as the seven seed in the east and a possible second round contender if the drew Jersey in the first round.
I thought they'd be in the playoffs too. I expected Eddy Curry to be in the runnings for Most Improved Player and be an All-Star this year.

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
I was wrong about Tim Floyd. I thought he would be a poor replacement for Silas in Nawlens, but he's pushed the mostly Mashburn-less Hornets to the elite of the East and they seem poised to get home-court for the post season. Go figure. My bad.

·
"True Story"
1,330 Posts
Originally posted by <b>PSUmtj112</b>!
I was wrong about Lebron. I knew he had talent, but I didn't think he could produce as well as he has as early as he has.
I predicted he'd average 15 pts., 7 rebs., 7 asts. The scoring's higher and the other totals are lower.

·
"True Story"
1,330 Posts
Originally posted by <b>tpb2</b>!
I was wrong about???????????

not lebron.......not the cavs........not the lakers.......not the timberwolves..........not kirk hinrich.......................oh!

Brad Miller not being an all-star player in the west. I really dont make bold predictions. But I might have said thia about Miller to someone not on this board.
Me too. I got a new level of respect for the dude now.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
I was wrong about the Bulls, Bucks, Nuggets and Jazz.

I was not, however, wrong about the Magic. Orlando Magic fans owe us all an apology.

And the Jury is still out on whether I was wrong about the Celtics. It looks like I may turn out right though.

Playerwise. I was wrong about TJ Ford and Kirk Hinrich.

Oh. and who wasn't wrong about the Suns? Jeez.

·
Top Of The Pops
27,472 Posts
I was wrong about the Suns and Jazz. Sloan's an incredibly resourceful coach.

I was dead on about LeBron James, though, and some people laughed at me for thinking he could achieve 20/6/6 in his first season.

Well, who's laughing now? ....Oh right...LeBron...all the way to the bank. :p

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
I was wrong about Kirk Hinrich. I didn't think he'd be the NBA player he is, especially this soon.

Also, Bucks and Jazz have exceeded all predictions I had for them.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
I was wrong about Dwayne Wade. I had him pegged as one of the bigger busts of this draft but he's turned out to be the second best player out of it so far IMO.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
- Thought the Jazz might challenge for the worst record ever.

- Thought Chris Kaman would be much worse than what he really is.

- Thought Kobe wouldn't be very effective. I know he's been injured some but he's been pretty good when he's been in there.

- Thought Milwaukee would be scraping the bottom of the barrell of the Eastern Conference.

- BIGGEST INNACURATE PREDICTION: That Eddy Curry would have a breakout, all-star-type season and have the Bulls in the playoff hunt.

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
I predicted the Sixers to win the East, but the way they are going it seems very unlilkely.

I also predicted the Jazz to have the worst record in NBA history, but I was proven wrong very early in the season already.

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
I also predicted Eddy Curry to win the Most Improved Player Award this season, but it looks like I was wrong on that one too.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts