Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Eddie Griffin

I really hope he can turn his life around. Hopefully he can get back on the basketball court soon so he can preform up to his great abilities.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Amazing how someone 21 years old has already been to college, two years in the NBA, has so many problems and is a millionaire all in that small span of time. Maybe the pressure got to him...

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Originally posted by <b>jcs83md</b>!
Amazing how someone 21 years old has already been to college, two years in the NBA, has so many problems and is a millionaire all in that small span of time. Maybe the pressure got to him...
sarcasim at its best:sigh:

·
Yes, please.
16,648 Posts
Originally posted by <b>jcs83md</b>!
Im not exactly sure what this post is supposed to say. It wasnt "the pressure" that got to him. He has mental problems. Depression, alcoholism, etc.

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
I've always liked Griffins game since his high school days. I hope he can get it together and play again one day, but more than anything I hope he gets his life together whether or not he comes back. Hes got a lot to resolve, and thats much more important than bball right now.

·
Basketballboards.net HOF
795 Posts

I wish Eddie all the strength in the world to overcome his addiction.

I work with addicts at a detox/psych hospital and I know what he's getting ready to go through.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Originally posted by John The Cool Kid!
I've always liked Griffins game since his high school days. I hope he can get it together and play again one day, but more than anything I hope he gets his life together whether or not he comes back. Hes got a lot to resolve, and thats much more important than bball right now.
Very well said man. It is hard to think what Eddie Griffin is really going through in his life right now. The NBA has tried to keep his situation right now as low as possible, but for good reasons. Griffin probably does not want the whole world knowing what he is dealing with. I hope the best for this man, because he has a whole life to live yet at 21. There are so many other things he can do, if he decides not to further his career in the NBA. (Go back to college) Maybe he just needs a year or two to get his life back in order. He needs to learn about having successfull relationships, because as I have heard, he is not good with them. He never got along with his teammates, and he was charged with battery (or some legal offense like that) to a girlfriend of his a couple months ago.

He just needs time IMO. Griffin is young enough that 10 years down the road, when Griffin is playing in the NBA, no one will even remember his troubles of today.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ToddMacCulloch11</b>!
He's targeting a comeback with the Nets in March. For his sake, I hope he can do it.
Well I certainly hope he can get it together. Alcoholism has destroyed many lives. Not sure how good of an idea that is to plan on playing next month. People in the early stages of recovery need structure in their lives, but just thirty days dry may be too soon for the pressures/temptations of the NBA life.

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Originally posted by <b>kawika</b>!
Well I certainly hope he can get it together. Alcoholism has destroyed many lives. Not sure how good of an idea that is to plan on playing next month. People in the early stages of recovery need structure in their lives, but just thirty days dry may be too soon for the pressures/temptations of the NBA life.
Yea, I think that March announcement was before this recent news. I think they are calling it a season with him, the Nets would probably be thrilled to get him back at the beginning of next season at full strength. Even that is a bit optimistic though, Griffin needs to take it slow. The good news is hes young and has time to get things together, and still become a good player in a couple years, when he STILL would only be like 24 years old.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts