Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That has to be one of the worst websites I've ever seen.

It takes forever to load, even on my broadband internet connection.

Pop ups everywhere, and pop ups that make obnoxious noise!

I wanted to go on to the site earlier today just to quickly check what time the game started tonight. It took so long that I gave up.

That website is total crap, and it needs a total overhaul.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
Agreed. I've found it just this side of worthless -- it's almost always easier to find whatever information I'm after other place. Even the couple of times I've emailed questions, while I have gotten timely (within a day or two) replies, they've failed to answer basic questions about broadcast times, channels, and the like.

·
Banned
1,487 Posts
Were the only team that hasn't gotten their dancers updated. We still have the 2004-2005 team from last year. All the other teams have pics and even HOT VIDEOS, CALENEDR SHOOTS for their dancers but we don't even have ours updated, what a shame.

·
Banned
765 Posts
I wish the Heat PA announcer didn't sound like a Mogoloid, but someties we have to deal.

If I were a Heat fan, I'd be very mad that I had to listen to that guy all game. He is the most annoying PA announcer I've ever heard!!!

·
Registered
9,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CelticPagan said:
I wish the Heat PA announcer didn't sound like a Mogoloid, but someties we have to deal.

If I were a Heat fan, I'd be very mad that I had to listen to that guy all game. He is the most annoying PA announcer I've ever heard!!!
What does that have to do with the Blazers website?

·
Registered
214 Posts
HearToTemptYou said:
That has to be one of the worst websites I've ever seen.

It takes forever to load, even on my broadband internet connection.

Pop ups everywhere, and pop ups that make obnoxious noise!

I wanted to go on to the site earlier today just to quickly check what time the game started tonight. It took so long that I gave up.

That website is total crap, and it needs a total overhaul.
Yeah those flash pop-ups are getting anoying. You can block those things any pretty much any other ads using this firefox extention.
adblock

The only real reason to go to the site now is Martell and Barrett's blogs and links to the video highlights.

·
Registered
6,509 Posts
HearToTemptYou said:
What does that have to do with the Blazers website?
Who cares?

I just went to Blazers.com and it loaded up in less than 1 second.

Pop ups? It's the internet. Pop ups happen. Deal with it. I got one pop up and it took me less than a quarter of a second to close it.

·
Registered
9,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fork said:
Who cares?
I do, and judging from the responses in this thread, others do as well.

If I wanted to hear about the Heat's PA announcer, I would have started a thread about him. That said, this is a thread about the Blazers website, and that seems pretty straight forward to me. This really doesn't strike me as being a complicated concept.

I just went to Blazers.com and it loaded up in less than 1 second.
The website sure doesn't take me only a second to load. It takes ages, no matter where I do it from. Even when it is loaded, the interface doesn't make any sense, and finding any info you want takes much longer than it should.

Pop ups? It's the internet. Pop ups happen. Deal with it. I got one pop up and it took me less than a quarter of a second to close it.
Pop ups should be illegal as far as I'm concerned, and I shouldn't have to "deal with it." A good website wouldn't have such annoying things.

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
ASide from the Heat apparently having a pretty good page about their dancers, Most of the NBA Team sites suck. I do agree that I'd like to see the Blazers site load up a little quicker but....You could always go to the NBA.com page which is even worse.

·
Registered
3,969 Posts
Blazers need to by more bandwith so does the nba.I can't even go on the site because it taked a looooonnnnngggg time to load.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Keep complaining guys I have offered myself as a designer to them when I am done with my enlistment in the Air Force. I forwarded on my resume to them. No response yet. But if you guys keep complaining I might have a chance.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts