Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Denzel got his make-up Oscar for Training Day, clearly not his best performance.

If the Nets make it to the Finals this year (whether or not they actually win the finals) do you think Jason Kidd will get the MVP?

I think if the Nets make it to the NBA Finals, Jason Kidd deserves the MVP. Coming back from knee surgery, he is in part responsible for the incredible development of Nenad Kristic, resurgence of Vince Carter, and continued dominance of Richard Jefferson.

Otherwise, Elton Brand is my leading candidate. The Clippers are having a great season and Brand has consistently improved every year. If the Clippers make it to the Western Confernece Finals, Brand deserves a good look.

Even though the Suns are slumping now, Nash did alot for the team considering they didn't have Amare. I don't think Nash deserved it last year, but this year, yes.

Dirk also deserves a look. Dallas has played great all season, and somehow Dirk makes the players around him like Jason Terry (cast off from Atlanta), Marquis Daniels, Josh Howard, and Keith Van Horn better. Toss up between Steve and Dirk.

Kobe Bryant, LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, and Chauncy Billups do not deserve it this year.

·
Banned
57,945 Posts
I asked this in another thread, isn't the MVP picked before the playoffs start? And then sealed?

-Petey

·
Premium Member
69,620 Posts
Petey said:
I asked this in another thread, isn't the MVP picked before the playoffs start? And then sealed?

-Petey
Thats my question too. Netted said something along the lines that if Bron was swept in the playoffs then he wont get it. When do they casts this vote?

·
Registered
823 Posts
Hbwoy said:
But if am right, KG got his award during the playoffs.
yeah, good point, but they look at what KG did during the season and not the playoffs. Even if the Timberwolves didn't make the play-offs, KG would of still had the award. He has a MONSTER season that year! :banana:

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK well either way, I still think Jason Kidd should get it. Nets did very well this year, and he deserved it for the 01-02 season so this year should be his make up year since there is not another clear winner.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
I'd love for Kidd to get it...but things like how well he's played on defense, how he's run this team, how his 3pt shooting has improved and is best in his career won't go into the equation. The only thing they'll look at is PPG, RPG, and APG and in that case, Bron, Kobe, Billups have a better shot.

It's sad because it takes away the MVP and what the letters entitle. Kidd is taking on the assignment of the opposing team's best shooter or scorer most of the time, has time to dish out around 9 assists per game, grab 7-8 boards a game and score around 13-14 a game. No one else in the league brings that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.