Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Personally, I think it's a great place for Dixon, Smith and Blake to sit and wait until we need them in case there's an injury. I don't want or expect them to be around next year.

It's the other 12 guys I want to see play. The sooner they get PT the sooner we'll see progress toward our goal.

·
Registered
10,412 Posts
MARIS61 said:
Personally, I think it's a great place for Dixon, Smith and Blake to sit and wait until we need them in case there's an injury. I don't want or expect them to be around next year.

It's the other 12 guys I want to see play. The sooner they get PT the sooner we'll see progress toward our goal.
Before the Pistons game I could see that being the case, but since Dixon's offensive performance that game it makes it more difficult for Nate to make that decision...

·
Excentrifugal Forz
6,985 Posts
We are to weak at guards to have both Dixon and Smith inactive. Blake should go though. Has he played yet?

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
I would not mind Dixon, Blake and Ha on the IA

I want to see Victor backup Randolph

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
Dixon is a tough call. A Wiz fan gave a warning about Dixon, that early on, is playing out. He predicted that on some nights it will seemsthat Dixon can't miss, making both tough and easy shots. But for everyone of those there will 4-5 other games where it seems he can't a basket and won't stop shooting.

I think the Blazers need his experience (I know its not a lot) and proven scoring ability. I hope Nate can just put him out there early each game, get a feel if he is on or off, and play him accordingly. Some nights he gets 5-7 minutes, others he gets 15-20 mins a game. Of course the tough part is to figure out if Dixon is on in that 5-7 mins, but with as much as he shoots, Nate should be able to figure it ouit. Thus far I think it is safe to characterize Dixon as "streaky"

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I support the testing Dixon in a 5 minute span but in the one game he went 0-7 in 7 minutes. That put us in a hole. Hopefully it takes 3 shots at the most to know if he is on. Blake should be traded for a new team bus.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
MARIS61 said:
Unfortunately that's not really a choice. All three signed multi-year contracts (and to my knowledge none have a team option after this year). I think it's a little too early though to determine their absolute value. Keep in mind, even if they don't play a single regular season game it possible they might be very valuable in practice as mentors.

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
cpt.napalm said:
I support the testing Dixon in a 5 minute span but in the one game he went 0-7 in 7 minutes. That put us in a hole. Hopefully it takes 3 shots at the most to know if he is on. Blake should be traded for a new team bus.

Apparently the Mavs have offer a chair.

(Cuban adds a very high priced, top of the line chair . . . to which Allen just chuckes and tell Cuban to go home and play with his toys.)

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Kiss_My_Darius said:
Apparently the Mavs have offer a chair.

(Cuban adds a very high priced, top of the line chair . . . to which Allen just chuckes and tell Cuban to go home and play with his toys.)
If Cuban throws in that awesome jacket in red for Paul to wear to games consider Blake as good as gone.

·
Registered
5,731 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Foulzilla said:
Unfortunately that's not really a choice. All three signed multi-year contracts (and to my knowledge none have a team option after this year). I think it's a little too early though to determine their absolute value. Keep in mind, even if they don't play a single regular season game it possible they might be very valuable in practice as mentors.
I expect them to be traded either alone or as add-ons in a bigger trade.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts