Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"I'd say (the loss) is my fault," a dejected Bosh said after the game. "I didn't make smart decisions down the stretch. I let Grant force me to the outside, had a turnover and three missed shots."

"I just have to make sure I calm my nerves (late in the game)," he added. "It's a learning experience, but it's still frustrating."
I love this, Bosh is taking the blame for the loss, and that shows he knows that the team relies on him in late games and he knows that, and the first thing to fixing something is to realise the problems and then go from there... and hopefully next time he is in the same situation he wil come out on top....

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
It was hard to watch him late in the game. He was totally lost. We didn't run any screens for him down low or try to put the ball up and behind a fronting defender, though. Nor did we run flash cuts through the lane to get him a passing option, or at least allow him to fake the pass to get the defender thinking. We expected him to score in isolation on his own. I think he showed he can do it but it's not something we can expect every time we set him up for it.

I think we can take advantage of his strengths better. I hope we do in the future.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
speedythief said:
It was hard to watch him late in the game. He was totally lost. We didn't run any screens for him down low or try to put the ball up and behind a fronting defender, though. Nor did we run flash cuts through the lane to get him a passing option, or at least allow him to fake the pass to get the defender thinking. We expected him to score in isolation on his own. I think he showed he can do it but it's not something we can expect every time we set him up for it.

I think we can take advantage of his strengths better. I hope we do in the future.
Jalen, Bosh isolations, and passing the ball around the perimeter (with 4 guys standing behind the 3 point line).. are the only things we know.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I didn't see the game, but it's great to see Bosh take responsbility for the loss, like a true leader.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Am i the only person who has noticed bosh's lack of explosivness to the rim... he can still get his shots around the rim, but the monstrous one handed dunks are gone

Is it because of the weight he has gained in trying to get his upper body stronger??

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
The_Notic said:
Am i the only person who has noticed bosh's lack of explosivness to the rim... he can still get his shots around the rim, but the monstrous one handed dunks are gone

Is it because of the weight he has gained in trying to get his upper body stronger??
What weight?

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
He Can Say That, But That Wont Get Us A Win.. Wudn't It?
:banana:

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
The_Notic said:

I've noticed that, too, but I don't think it's due to a weight gain. I don't know what the problem is, but he hasn't gained enough weight to noticably affect his vertical/hangtime.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Bosh has been playing differently this year. All last year it was about the face-ups and driving. This year he's playing with his back to the basket ALOT. Not many can back a guy down and then dunk (seriously, like Shaq and that's it. Maybe Duncan on occasion). Bosh seems to be modeling his game after Duncan, right down to the use of the backboard.

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
Ryethe said:
Bosh has been playing differently this year. All last year it was about the face-ups and driving. This year he's playing with his back to the basket ALOT. Not many can back a guy down and then dunk (seriously, like Shaq and that's it. Maybe Duncan on occasion). Bosh seems to be modeling his game after Duncan, right down to the use of the backboard.
Good point.

And, he is getting double and triple teamed a lot of the time. It's hard to dunk over people in those situations - especially when he's never experienced it before.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts