Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Let's Go Streaking!
6,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok we need a good Center and the only way is the F.A. or trade one of the Good Raptors Players so i thinks...

In the Expansion Draft Protect..

1. Chris Bosh
2. Vince Carter
3. Alvin Williams
4. Donyell Marshall
5. Mo Pete
6. Lamond Murray
7. Lonny Baxter
8. Michael Bradley

And Hope for the Bobcats pick jalen rose with that we can make a great cap room so now try to pick one of these...

Memhet Okur----Hard almost imposible
Erick Dampier----My Favorite Choice

P.O.

Marcus Camby---He's playing great with the Nuggets
Kurt Thomas-----Rebounds
Jerome James----if the other option don't work

F.A.

Adonal Foyle---Well decent option
Slava Medvedenko----he show great skills when play good minutes
Greg Ostertag---Big and decent D

Res. F.A.

Zeljko Rebraca--- :no:
Jake Tsakalidis---- :(
Chris Mihm :grinning:
Joel Przybilla:uhoh:

best scenario:

pg-Al.Will.
sg-Carter
sf-Marsh
pf-Bosh
c-Okur OR Dampier

but if the BobCats don't pick rose well the best scenario is with Chris Mihm

any toughts

·
Registered
605 Posts
hmm...we need a PG as well..

·
Registered
4,400 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Carter182</b>!
Ok we need a good Center and the only way is the F.A. or trade one of the Good Raptors Players so i thinks...

In the Expansion Draft Protect..

1. Chris Bosh
2. Vince Carter
3. Alvin Williams
4. Donyell Marshall
5. Mo Pete
6. Lamond Murray
7. Lonny Baxter
8. Michael Bradley

And Hope for the Bobcats pick jalen rose with that we can make a great cap room so now try to pick one of these...

Memhet Okur----Hard almost imposible
Erick Dampier----My Favorite Choice

P.O.

Marcus Camby---He's playing great with the Nuggets
Kurt Thomas-----Rebounds
Jerome James----if the other option don't work

F.A.

Adonal Foyle---Well decent option
Slava Medvedenko----he show great skills when play good minutes
Greg Ostertag---Big and decent D

Res. F.A.

Zeljko Rebraca--- :no:
Jake Tsakalidis---- :(
Chris Mihm :grinning:
Joel Przybilla:uhoh:

best scenario:

pg-Al.Will.
sg-Carter
sf-Marsh
pf-Bosh
c-Okur OR Dampier

but if the BobCats don't pick rose well the best scenario is with Chris Mihm

any toughts
There is no way in hell that Okur would want to come to Toronto. Number one, he is in a great team, great city, and playing good minutes. Number two, if he were to bolt from Detroit, then he would go to a team that is better than Detroit, and not a step back to Toronto.

The Pistons are his number one choice, and after that I would imagine San Antonio and Dallas.

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
The risk of leaving Rose unprotected is too high.

If he isn't taken by the Bobcats (who won't be allowed to have full use of their salary cap for a few years to prevent loading-up on big contracts, re: CBA), then what does he think of our franchise for leaving him unprotected?

The last thing we need is another player on a big salary who is unhappy and wants to leave.

·
Registered
187 Posts
no chance at pretty much any good big guy, as i'm sure they'll have a lot better options than toronto...

but you never know....

i'll just be glad to have bradley back (assuming he can pick up where he left off last season....)

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Why leave Rose unprotected?Hes made Toronto so much better since hes been brought here...So forget leaving him unprotect...i dont think that will even be CLOSE to happening

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
I would think there is a very good chance that Toronto leaves both Alvin and Jalen unprotected.

They both have horrible contracts and we can only lose one of them at most. Alvin's contract is just too long and as we found out in the Chicago trade he cannot even be insured. Jalen's price tag is way too high, which is the main reason no trades are available for him.

This is essentially like having the ability to protect 10 men instead of 8. Very unlikely either guy gets taken. And if they do get taken our salary cap situation improves dramatically.

GG would explain to both guys that their contracts will almost certainly protect them from being drafted and it helps them keep the lower cost role players the team needs.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I feel Rose will be traded before the deadline. He's the only tradeable player T.'s got other than Bosh and Vince...so Jalen's got to be the one to go.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
erick dampier has a player option...and im not sure how jalen has made us "a lot better" since being here..we were .500 when he got here and we're now 2 games under

·
Registered
6,649 Posts
i'd leave Jalen and Alvin unprotected, seeing as how there's a very slim chance Charlotte are gonna pick them up anyhow.

it's a win-win situation if we leave them unprotected. if they get picked up, alot of cap room for us. if not, no harm no foul.

and i'm sure both Rose and Alvin know the NBA is all about business.

·
Premium Member
3,337 Posts
i think the bobcats would be fools to pick up any max player in the expansion draft. the cba99 restrictions aren't quite as bad as they were for us in 95, but charlotte's salary cap will be relatively tiny for their first few years. in fact, if i'm not mistaken, their cap will be approximately 1/2 the size of anyone else's in year 1- so if the nba determines a league-wide cap level of $45 million next season, the bobcats will have one in and around $25 million. to waste 50-60% of THAT on one player (like jalen rose) is almost not even an option for them.

in my opinion, i don't think the bobcats would even pick up vince carter if he were left unprotected. i mean, they might, but i doubt it. they're playing by very different rules here, and while they'd probably KILL to have a superstar of that calibre on their expansion roster, i think they'd have to bite the bullet since it would likely cripple them financially for a number of years.

i seriously doubt that jalen rose will be protected- and i don't think he'll gripe about it, either. i think he'll understand (and possibly even ASK to be left unprotected- for the sake of the team- to ensure that an asset like michael bradley isn't exposed). i also doubt that alvin or lamond will be protected. their respective contracts effectively render them "protected" already. vince will be protected as a PR move more than anything, i reckon- although i'm not sure MLSE would have anything to gain by leaving him out there in the first place. aside from marshall, bosh, bradley and vince, who is there to protect?

peace

·
Chillin'
20,141 Posts
I think Rose won't be protected, just because of the chance of getting his huge contract off the books for nothing. Will we miss him if he's selected? Yes. Is he an important player for our team? Of course. But his salary is also bigger than Vince's, and it would be a bonus having more cap or tax room, there's no doubt about that.

As for Alvin being unprotected - :laugh: :laugh: :nonono:

·
Registered
6,649 Posts
Originally posted by <b>speedythief</b>!
You guys really want to see Alvin leave? I don't get that. He'd give his last breath to our franchise.
trust me, the bobcats are NOT going to pick him up if left unprotected.

·
Let's Go Streaking!
6,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

ballocks

in my opinion, i don't think the bobcats would even pick up vince carter if he were left unprotected
c'mon any team pick carter if they have a chance

·
Registered
6,649 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ballocks</b>!

i seriously doubt that jalen rose will be protected- and i don't think he'll gripe about it, either. i think he'll understand (and possibly even ASK to be left unprotected- for the sake of the team- to ensure that an asset like michael bradley isn't exposed). peace
that's what i'll be looking for as well. :yes:

·
Registered
569 Posts
I thought Donyell was a FA? So we don't have to protect. Why not leave Lamond Murray unprotected? Losing his salary is better than any player we could get for him in a trade.

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ballocks</b>!
in my opinion, i don't think the bobcats would even pick up vince carter if he were left unprotected. i mean, they might, but i doubt it. they're playing by very different rules here, and while they'd probably KILL to have a superstar of that calibre on their expansion roster, i think they'd have to bite the bullet since it would likely cripple them financially for a number of years.
That's crazy. It's going to take them a few years to even come close to being a competitive team. They will be looking to build through the draft, because of their limited cap space (and because it's the best way), so having some big contracts isn't a huge deal.

In the meantime, they would love to have a high-level player to get fans into the arena when they are going 18-64 for three seasons.

Besides, even the notion that Toronto would consider leaving Carter unprotected is insane.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Budweiser_Boy</b>!

As for Alvin being unprotected - :laugh: :laugh: :nonono:
are you crazy? that's the first guy i leave unprotected. his contract is long and high paying atleast rose's ends before we have to sign Bosh

·
STL4LIFE
5,841 Posts
just leave Alvin unprotected and Murray.

then in free agency sign Nash and Dampier.

pg nash
sg carter
sm rose
pf marshell (splits minutes with Bosh and Rose at pf and sm)
c dampier

bench
bosh
peterson
palacio
curry

we will add more perhaps a 3t shooter G and a few big men.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts