Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok ive got an idea how the heat can become a better team. First waive/trade/get rid of every player/coach and associate. Next get cba players and scab players. Also get a person, as long as he isnt affiliated with the heat to run the team. Now you should have a completly new entity, devoid of any ties to the old, terrible heat team. Although the team will still be the worst in the leauge, it wont be as bad. Besides this the only option i see to fixing the heat is changing the sport to golf, croquet or something non-basketball. I mean, their athletes, dont they have to be good at a sport? and that sports def not basketball so...

·
Registered
546 Posts
And we sign muggsy bogues as center ... we would dominate the boards and would be top in blocks .

You're talkin bull###

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
LOL, they only allowed that footballer to play in their pro summer league for fun, they wanted to get a little attention, but if you think Riley doesn't care about winning, you don't know much about NBA coaches and organizations.

-Petey

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
he may care about winning,

Harassment occurs when a member insults, attacks, and/or denigrates another member at any time. For instance, the use of terms such as "idiot," "moron," "stupid," and like terms constitutes harassment. Harassment not only includes individuals but also can apply to insults against teams, players, and groups of BasketballBoards.net members. Repeated critical and sharply negative posts toward a team forum, team forum members, and/or a team's fan base as a whole can also constitute harassment. edit by TBF

·
15 STRONG
27,487 Posts
sorry guys. I need to edit your reply. Though i dont blame either one of you. TBF

i had to edit your reply. But i don't blame you for what you said. TBF

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
man, get outta that site

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok what im trying to say without insulting the heat is that their recent play has been sub par. this is a statement that is backed by the fact, with the team missing the playoffs. My idea would make the heat a better team. And my statement was not meant to be mean. The pacers cant obtain shaq if they want to. I cant make millions just by wanting to be rich. In this same way the heat cant win simply by wanting to winning. Riley may want to win but that doesnt make it happen.

·
15 STRONG
27,487 Posts
you're an idiot

edit my thread when you see it--its fine

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Caron_Butler</b>!
you're an idiot

edit my thread when you see it--its fine
Were you referring to me?

-Petey

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
no i dont think so petey i think hes just upset. u see, his is a huge fan of the heat obviously. and because they are not good anymore he is mad. and because he cant take it out on the team he loves so much, he chooses to get mad at people who point out the heats deficincies. in other words, hes angry that the heat are the worst team in basketball (once again not being mean, just a point of view backed by the facts) and expresses this anger incorrectly.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Why should the heat be the worst team in basketball ?

We were a couple of times division winners so we can't be the worst team.
It shows not too much intelligence to say something like this .
Maybe you think we play a boring basketball stylebut riley had success with it (ok not last season)

And i have no problem with it as long as they play with heart and do their best

Nothing against you but that's my opinion and i fully agree to caron.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
im not talking about past wins, im talking about last season and the present. the team was good, the key word was. my point is that it is now not good, it is now terrible, key word now.

·
Registered
546 Posts
We had a bad start and in the final games we struggled i agree.
But you had to see how we bounced back at mid-season and climbed near the play-offs.

So it wasn't that bad

·
Registered
180 Posts
Originally posted by <b>T-ro</b>!
im not talking about past wins, im talking about last season and the present. the team was good, the key word was. my point is that it is now not good, it is now terrible, key word now.
T-RO:

Since you don't state facts, I would like to point out some to you. Last season the Heat went from an $88M payroll to a $54M due to the luxury tax. We lost our veteran leadership and were forced to start the season with Eddie Jones and a bunch of one year hired guns (ie. Mack & Gill) because Brian Grant and Alonzo Mourning were on the injured list.

These one year minimum players played for themselves rather than playing within Riley's system and the result was the horrific 5-23 start, which the Heat could never rebound from. Additionally, Anthony Carter was starting. Now, Carter is a great high energy back up PG. But, he is certainly not a first caliber starter and the Heat learned this lesson the hard way.

After 28 games into the season, however, the Miami Heat had Grant and Alonzo consistently back in the line up as well as Rod Strickland and Jimmy Jackson. The result was an impressive .600 win percentage for the entire rest of the season. Unfortunately, it still was not enough to get out of the early season hole. But, in two months we jumped from the bottom of all power ranking to in the top 12.

This season will be different for two reasons:

1. Riley will have all his starters at the beginning of training camp and will enter this season with 4 solid healthy starters (Butler, Jones, Grant, Best) and a decent bench.

2. Best, Jones and Butler are tailor made players for an up-tempo style of play which will now be implemented in Miami. With all three of this players commanding defensive respect on the break as well as in the half-court game, defenses will no longer focus all their attention on the low post game or a slashing or curling Eddie Jones. The result is an opened floor with a lot of room for a player to work with.

My opinion is that if Riley could get a team to play above .600 basketball for the majority of last season, then he can certainly get a team of Best, Butler, Grant and Jones to be relatively successful.

Any input now? And please back up your statement with facts.

·
15 STRONG
27,487 Posts
finally CaronOwnsU--we agree on something

·
Registered
180 Posts
Lucky me. But, you still have never elabotated what we disagree on. Perhaps, discuss the Heat more fully or elaborate on your statements and we may agree on more than you think.

But, even if we don't, I will debate you on anything that you like regarding the Heat, cap, tax, cba,.... pretty much anything.

:)

·
Registered
180 Posts
...And if someone like T-RO comes on this board just to insult the Heat without one substantive fact, then why not shut him down with debate rather than just calling him an idiot.

This is a board that will generate differing points of view. Don't get your panties in such a bunch just because someone says something. :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
of course u all will b against my idea, just because u are heat fans, die hard heat fans and dont see past the obvious. u choose to ignore facts and stick with ur "itll b better next year" line. its not gonna happen, no way, no how. even riley admits u guys are rebuilding.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Originally posted by <b>T-ro</b>!
of course u all will b against my idea, just because u are heat fans, die hard heat fans and dont see past the obvious. u choose to ignore facts and stick with ur "itll b better next year" line. its not gonna happen, no way, no how. even riley admits u guys are rebuilding.
I think we all disagree with you because you still don't state any facts - just foolish unsupported statements that demonstrate a misunderstanding of the Heat.

Riley rebuilding means he will go with Young players on our bench rather than veterans - not that we are going to lose now.

But, as usual, thank you for your statement ;)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
fact: riley says ur rebuilding
fact: ur center is not playing
fact: jones is going downhill
fact: jones has not played to potential
fact: butler slipped for a reason
fact: butler is no paul pierce
fact: riley's stlye of play doesnt fit with his players
fact: luke recker wasnt even drafted
fact: Grant did not play well
fact: the heat didnt make the playoffs last season
fact: they missed the playoffs WITH Zo and made a comeback run coinciding with his health becoming better
fact: mason was lost
fact: free agents are not attracted to miami
fact: drafting office has done poorly in recent years
fact: team has backup calibur players starting
result: the team is terrible, the worst playing
result: you look dumb, cuz ur so wrong:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts