Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If AI could win only one championship in his entire carreer;

I would want it to be his last season in the NBA (I'm assuming at the age of 40) where he would win the all-star game MVP the regular season MVP and I would want him to be the scoring, assist, steals champion (even though it is impossible) but the sixers (he is still in the sixers) would just barely make the play-offs as the 8th seed in the east, no one would expect them to even go past the first round. but they pass the first round and even make the finals because of AI's crazy numbers, there opponent in the finals would be kobe and the lakers (it would be kobe's last season too at the age of 38) the lakers take game one and game two because of kobe's leadership (he has matured now) but the sixers take game 3 which makes the series 2-1 because of AI2's fantastic defensive efforts, the sixers yet again take game 4 because of teamwork and AI's leadership.. the sixers take game 5 in overtime despite an amazing effort by Kobe which makes the series 3-2 . the lakers take game 6 because of playing well at both ends of the floor.

And then it goes to game 7, it would be in the wachovia center and basically all the basketball addicted people would be watching. the game begins.... Kobe and AI score 35 and 32 respectively and the score is 67 - 61 lakers leading, the sixers coach bench Iverson for 8 minutes in the 3rd period because he THINKS AI is tired, which gives the lakers a 90 - 75 lead and KOBE scores 49 in the closing of the third. The sixers coach decide that AI is ready and he lets him play, AI scores the first 23 points for the sixers in the fourth quarter which makes him have 55 points and makes the score 99 - 98 lakers leading (2:00 remaining) kobe and AI trade baskets in the last minutes and the sixers now have the lead 110 - 111 with 28 secs remaining, lakers ball, they inbound the ball to kobe but he is tightly guarded so he passes to an open teammate but kobe runs to an open spot, they pass to him and he shoots a 3 making it 113 - 111 with 10 seconds remaining. the sixers call timeout. they inbound the ball to AI and he calls an isolation while kobe is guarding him, the fans go wild!!! the whole world is errupting!! two of the best players ever in the NBA going one on one to determine their fate, one needs a championship to solidify himself as one of the greats, another needs proof that he still can win a championship. Back to the game, kobe is guarding AI tightly and AI's crossovers are futile because of Kobe's guarding, but suddenly AI pulls this street ball kind of crossover that makes KOBE crumble on the floor... AI shoots a 3 point fade away with a second left in the clock and it goes in!!! hurray!!! AI helps Kobe up as a sign of respect and they hug, confetti comes down, fans go to the court, AI's teammates brings him up to the air.... it would be fantastic

anyways, I am just realy bored and thought of it as a great idea....

· Registered
2,077 Posts
Re: If AI won only one champioxhip in his carreer, what situation would you want it t

Ya that would be awsome. I say the best basketball game ive ever seen is when the sixers one game one of the finals 4 years ago. Anyone who has seen that game should know what im talking about.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.