Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A. Andrew Bogut
B. Marvin Williams
C. Chris Paul
D. Other

Who would you draft?

I was just thinking, what if Atlanta does not win the lottery. And I'm thinking it could be possible that both Charlotte and New Orleans would give Marvin Williams a close look, and potentially take him ahead of Bogut. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
13,546 Posts
Bogut, and there's no doubt about it: He's brilliant

- Tall
- Strong
- Good defender
- Good post player
- Australian
- Excellent court vision
- High bball IQ

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
If Marvin Williams comes out, it would be difficult to pass on him. He has been phenomenal in the tourney.

Reactions: Kekai

·
do better
41,522 Posts
Marvin Williams. You get your pillar in the post, and your star on the wing, and you have the beginnings of a nice nucleus. Williams will be the best player out of this draft. He's phenomenal, even moreso than Bogut IMO. I have my doubts as to how good Bogut will actually be. I think Marvin Williams is potentially a franchise player. Not so sure about Bogut.

·
Have a GREAT day!
13,796 Posts
TONYALLEN42 said:
Bogut, okafor and Bogut would be lethal!!
Does anyone else see a slight trace of Duncan and Robinson with those two. Not the skills of those two but the skillset.

Thatd be cool to see...

·
Beat The Heat
1,258 Posts
I'm not a Bobcats fan, but I do live in NC. I think the Bobcats would be foolish not to draft Bogut. Even if he's not 7'0, he'd be a good compliment to Okafor. Although I think Bogut would start the year behind Brezec. And if they did happen to draft Bogut, and wanted to play big ball, they could throw Brezec, Bogut, and Okafor out there all at once.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Well Bobcats say thye like Warrick and I think they will go after Chris Paul. They have enough big men since Okafor and Brezec work well together. Bogut wouldn't help out as much, and im not sold on him yet. The hype is ttoo much.

I want them to take a perimeter player, so im for Paul.

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
jaja said:
Well Bobcats say thye like Warrick and I think they will go after Chris Paul. They have enough big men since Okafor and Brezec work well together. Bogut wouldn't help out as much, and im not sold on him yet. The hype is ttoo much.

I want them to take a perimeter player, so im for Paul.
This whole post is full of flaws. Bobcats say they like Warrick? Rick Bonnel made one story about him, he covers the Bobcats, but he has no say in who they pick, he hasn't even talked to any staff for the Bobcats. Why would they tell a journalist? Okafor and Brezec work well together, but they aren't a force. Both players numbers are high because of their status on an expansion team, great players none the less, but a Bogut and Okafor combo would be better. Bogut is everything Brezec isn't. Bogut won't help much? You mean besides leading his team this far? Making it to the Sweet 16? He is the most NBA ready player this year, we better take. Just like we took the most NBA ready player last year. And this so-called "HYPE" is not, he held his own against many NBA players just a couple of years ago. Hes showed hes tough, a good player and a must need player if you want to have a chance to win. And Paul is NOT a perimeter player, i'd rather have Brevin Knight than Paul.

·
Registered
859 Posts
_Dre_ said:
Marvin Williams. You get your pillar in the post, and your star on the wing, and you have the beginnings of a nice nucleus. Williams will be the best player out of this draft. He's phenomenal, even moreso than Bogut IMO. I have my doubts as to how good Bogut will actually be. I think Marvin Williams is potentially a franchise player. Not so sure about Bogut.

I'm with you man. I don't think Bogut being a superstar player. Marvin Williams will be though and pairing him with Okafor would be a nice, solid foundation. But personally, I hope the Bobcats take someone else cuz I DESPERATELY want my Hornets to draft Marvin Williams.

·
just foul
6,913 Posts
If Charlotte wins the lottery, they should send Marvin Williams a Bobcats #1 jersey and guarantee to take him with the top overall pick.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts