Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
30,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Then why aren't the Bulls the favorites to win the NBA Title this year. They are the best defensive team in the year, and they got a clutch player that can git-r-done when it matters most in the 4th.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
sloth said:
Then why aren't the Bulls the favorites to win the NBA Title this year. They are the best defensive team in the year, and they got a clutch player that can git-r-done when it matters most in the 4th.
Because they aren't as good as the teams that are favorites?

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
sloth said:
They aren't the best defensive team, and nobody said ONLY defense wins championships.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
sherwin said:
They aren't the best defensive team, and nobody said ONLY defense wins championships.
Surprisingly, they are the best in the league for opponents field goal percentage.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Because its other teams who are ALOT better than them.

·
Registered
576 Posts
We aren't favorites because we haven't been there before. Can they hold up through a tough 7 game series? Will Curry be healthy enough?

The team is young, I'm just happy we'll be able to actually watch some post-season basketball for once rooting for MY team and not someone elses. I could care less if they get swept or lose in the first round because its all a part of the learning experience.

One day, we may be favorites to win it all....just not today, or tomorrow either.

·
Warrior Spirit!
4,216 Posts
Even if we did somehow make it to the NBA finals, Phoenix and/or San Antonio would wipe the floor with us. Our defense couldn't do jack against Phoenix and SA would just beat us with their experience alone (not to mention they're 10x better than we are).

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
We also commit too many turnovers. We haven't earned anything yet. So let's not get ahead of ourselves young one. Let's focus on getting homecourt, and maybe making a run at Detroit for the Central title. Get into the playoffs and see what happens.

Still a young team.

·
Registered
30,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
CiMa said:
Even if we did somehow make it to the NBA finals, Phoenix and/or San Antonio would wipe the floor with us. Our defense couldn't do jack against Phoenix and SA would just beat us with their experience alone (not to mention they're 10x better than we are).
Phoenix has mopped the floor with us yes.

But San Antonio we could beat. We are 0-2 this year against them, but they didn't mop the floor either time, and the 2nd game was a 3 point loss without Curry, while the first loss was still part of the Dark Ages.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
sloth said:
But San Antonio we could beat. We are 0-2 this year against them, but they didn't mop the floor either time, and the 2nd game was a 3 point loss without Curry, while the first loss was still part of the Dark Ages.
lmfao

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
sloth said:
Phoenix has mopped the floor with us yes.

And then you woke up ...

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
sloth said:
Well, a few reasons. The Pistons will be the best defensive team come playoff time. Also, the Bulls aren't as good as Detroit, San Antonio, Phoenix, Miami or Houston. I would actually say that they might be able to take Dallas or any of the other WC teams.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Damian Necronamous said:
Well, a few reasons. The Pistons will be the best defensive team come playoff time. Also, the Bulls aren't as good as Detroit, San Antonio, Phoenix, Miami or Houston. I would actually say that they might be able to take Dallas or any of the other WC teams.
...ah yes, and then there is the inexperience factor.

·
Registered
30,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Damian Necronamous said:
Detroit won't be a better defensive team come playoff time. You can go deer in headlights and totally break down offensively, but you do not just forget how to play defense. Scott Skiles has his players fresh come playoff time, and everyone 1-12 on that team works hard because they know on any given night they might have a chance to play. If Ben Gordon keeps his 4th quarter ways, the Bulls are one of the most dangerous teams in the playoffs.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Damian Necronamous said:
Well I don't necessarily think Bulls could be Dallas right now either, especially since Avery Johnson took over for coach. Course I guess I'm a little biased. :biggrin:

I watched the Cavs vs Bulls game tonight on TNT, and with some playoff experience the Bulls could definetly be a title contender next year.

·
Registered
30,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Elyas said:
Well I don't necessarily think Bulls could be Dallas right now either, especially since Avery Johnson took over for coach. Course I guess I'm a little biased. :biggrin:

I watched the Cavs vs Bulls game tonight on TNT, and with some playoff experience the Bulls could definetly be a title contender next year.
Well we are 1-1 against Dallas this year, and that one loss was a 1 point game where the referees called a bull **** foul on Curry which sent Finley to the line and we broke down the play here and came to the conclusion that Eddy never touched him, as could be seen by the video.

·
Registered
4,048 Posts
San Antonio is the best defensive team in the league.

And we already proved in the Bulls forum (after a long discussion) that "Defense Wins Championships" was a trite generalization.

And, Chicago's offense is pretty bad, 26th in the league.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts