Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
I don't think I'd go quite that far as to say Seattle is done, but I do think Denver would probably win the series.

·
Registered
9,855 Posts
It depends on how healthy Seattle can get. If we go into the series with the current group of players, then Denver would sweep. If Lewis, Radman, Daniels and Fortson can come back close to 100%, then it will be a close series.

·
Welcome to the Grindhouse!
19,803 Posts
A healthy Seattle team is a bad matchup for Denver. They score and rebound to well.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
seattle should be more worried about houston than Denver or Memphis

·
Registered
9,855 Posts
Hustle said:
Denver is hot, and get a chance to beat seattle tonight.
They'll beat Seattle tonight and it shouldn't even be close. Only 8 players are healthy enough to suit up for the Sonics, and several are scrubs (Mateen Cleaves, Vitaly Potapenko).

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
IM not pridicting this but there could be many upsets in the first round
4/5 seed rox vs mavs could be real close
3/6 seed denver/seattle denver is hot and play more d in then seattle
2/7 seed spurs vs kings i still think spurs would win but it woud be against a quality team but like i said spurs ill win
1/8 suns vs grizz, grizz are real deep with a little experince and suns arnt to deep

·
Registered
4,448 Posts
TheRoc5 said:
IM not pridicting this but there could be many upsets in the first round
4/5 seed rox vs mavs could be real close
3/6 seed denver/seattle denver is hot and play more d in then seattle
2/7 seed spurs vs kings i still think spurs would win but it woud be against a quality team but like i said spurs ill win
1/8 suns vs grizz, grizz are real deep with a little experince and suns arnt to deep
kings at #7 :confused:, their currently fifth and have to play the Lakers twice and suns twice, and the jazz once their's no way they fall to #7

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
NugzFan said:
yes.. here is why...
rockets have superstars
Nuggets dont
Rockets have a coach who got an 8th seeded team to the finals...

·
Registered
721 Posts
farhan007 said:
yes.. here is why...
rockets have superstars
Nuggets dont
Denver is better than the Rockets. Denver would be seeded in the top 4 if Karl were there from the start. You don't need stars to be successful, ask any Pistons fan.

Karl is a better coach than JVG, IMO.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
As most said, A healthy seattle can match up with denver nicely, and it'd be a close and tight series. But a rampaging nuggets team against a battered sonics team.... nuggets will sweep.

And i too, think Rockets are better than Nuggets. Assuming Rockets can get howard back healthy, he brings in a scoring option at the 4 and he can rebound a bit.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Nephets said:
Denver is better than the Rockets. Denver would be seeded in the top 4 if Karl were there from the start. You don't need stars to be successful, ask any Pistons fan.

Karl is a better coach than JVG, IMO.
Rockets would be a top 3 team i\if they didnt have the 6-11 start... SO? you had the same players in the beginning of the season. Rockets changed so many roster spots.

And about "you dont need no starts because of pistons" bullcrap...
tell me with a reply as soon as possible... how many other teams did that... it is a once in a century thing when a team with no superstars win a ring...

this detroit thing has gone to peoples minds...

first off... you dont have the shut down defense like Detroit.... thats why they can win with no superstars...

Rockets have shut down d plus superstars... thats usually a formula for rings. Not saying the rockets will win it all this year, but they have a better chance than the Nuggets.

who is their clutch go to guy on the Nuggets?
WHo will dominate with constant 30pt nights and force other teams to double on the Nuggets?

·
Registered
180 Posts
farhan007 said:
yes.. here is why...
rockets have superstars
Nuggets dont
The Lakers had Shaq, Kobe, Karl Malone, and Gary Payton .... throw into that mix a Coach who has 9 Rings.

They got beat by the Pistons .... a Team.

Last year .... remember?

·
Registered
180 Posts
farhan007 said:
And about "you dont need no starts because of pistons" bullcrap...
tell me with a reply as soon as possible... how many other teams did that... it is a once in a century thing when a team with no superstars win a ring...
I think someone is upset that the wolves "aren't getting their due" in the media.

I know the world revolves around Tmac and Yao where you are from, but i wouldn't call a team that starts Kmart, Camby, Carmelo, and Miller devoid of "Star" Talent.

Add to that Nene and Boykins off the bench.

The Nuggets are a 1-12 team ..... i'm not declaring them NBA Champs, but don't try to act like its a bunch of scrubs.

Andre Miller
Dermarr Johnson
Carmelo Anthony
Kenyon Martin
Marcus Camby
Nene
Earl Boykins
Greg Buckner
Eduardo Najera
Wesley Person
Bryon Russell
Fransisco Elson
Vo Lenard.

21 - 2 since the All Star Break.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
lesanecrooks7 said:
I think someone is upset that the wolves "aren't getting their due" in the media.

I know the world revolves around Tmac and Yao where you are from, but i wouldn't call a team that starts Kmart, Camby, Carmelo, and Miller devoid of "Star" Talent.

Add to that Nene and Boykins off the bench.

The Nuggets are a 1-12 team ..... i'm not declaring them NBA Champs, but don't try to act like its a bunch of scrubs.

Andre Miller
Dermarr Johnson
Carmelo Anthony
Kenyon Martin
Marcus Camby
Nene
Earl Boykins
Greg Buckner
Eduardo Najera
Wesley Person
Bryon Russell
Fransisco Elson
Vo Lenard.

21 - 2 since the All Star Break.
yes... they have star talent.... thats nothing close to being a superstar.... Josh Smith has star talent... but he is no superstar. and playing as a team is required to win a championship, and all the rocket's role players know their duty. Dot point to the pistons always.... just think about it... the pistons are the ONLY team you can point to in nba history...

the lakers had kobe and Shaq.... Malone and payton were not even stars when they were in LA.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Andre Miller > Bob Sura
Dermarr Johnson < David Wesley
Carmelo Anthony < Tracy McGrady
Kenyon Martin > Clearence Weatherspoon (K-Mart is overrated btw)
Marcus Camby < Yao
Nene < Dikembe Mutumbo
Earl Boykins < Mike James
Greg Buckner < Jon Barry
Eduardo Najera < Ryan Bowen
Wesley Person < Scott Padgett
Bryon Russell > Moochie Norris

Karl = Van Gundy

IMO the Rockets are way better than the Nugz.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
ramathorn006 said:
Andre Miller > Bob Sura
Dermarr Johnson < David Wesley
Carmelo Anthony < Tracy McGrady
Kenyon Martin > Clearence Weatherspoon (K-Mart is overrated btw)
Marcus Camby < Yao
Nene < Dikembe Mutumbo
Earl Boykins < Mike James
Greg Buckner < Jon Barry
Eduardo Najera < Ryan Bowen
Wesley Person < Scott Padgett
Bryon Russell > Moochie Norris

Karl = Van Gundy

IMO the Rockets are way better than the Nugz.
ya... you can argue individual match ups but the main diference is
Mcgrady>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Carmelo
Yao>>>>>>>>>>>>nuggets second best player(i guess K-mart)

1 - 20 of 50 Posts