Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
We Warriors
15,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Griz schedule is a lot of tougher than Piston and Pacers. They would be in the 3rd place if they were in the east.

IMO Griz may not make the Playoffs, but they are better team than Pacers and Pistons. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Ballscientist</b>!
Griz schedule is a lot of tougher than Piston and Pacers. They would be in the 3rd place if they were in the east.

IMO Griz may not make the Playoffs, but they are better team than Pacers and Pistons. What do you guys think?
better then the pacers and the pistons? hell no

a top 4 team in the east? hell yes

·
We Warriors
15,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
1. Griz have more weapons than pistons and pacers.
2. better defense if they were in the east.

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
Why would the Grizz have better defense just because they were in the East? C'mon, their frontcourt is horrible defensively, while Indiana and Detroit have two of the best defensive frontcourts in the entire NBA.

They are 13-12 against the West and 11-6 against the East, which no doubt includes a loss each against the Pacers and the Pistons. Meanwhile the Pacers are 23-6 against the East and 10-6 against the West, while the Pistons are 19-9 against the East and 10-6 against the West. In other words, both teams have significantly better winning percentages than the Grizzlies against both East competition and West competition.

They would easily be the third best team in the East though.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
The Griz would definately be a sure fire playoff team in the East, but better than the Pistons and Pacer? Absolutely not. Both teams have handled Memphis quite sufficiently this year.

People can talk what they want, but the Pacers and Pistons are legit this year, and it will make for a great EC finals.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
well

I'll admit, I am very happy we (the grizz) are finally winning. They made some very nice moves in the off-season.

Mike Miller has been playing well too.

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Dathomieyouhate</b>!

they dont have a single player better then JO and artest.
That's true, but Gasol and Posey/Bonzi aren't pushovers. That and the fact the Grizzlies have the deepest bench in the league. Pacers have a deep bench too, but I'd say the Grizzlies bench is better. I think they could very well be fight for the best record in the east. Don't forget how they humiliated the nets(arguably the best team in the east). this team is dangerous.

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
lets agree the grizz would be a top 3 team in the east. as for a player better than oneal?, no. however i would take gasol over artest any day. i think the grizz will make the playoffs in the west, the blazers,jazz and suns are going to be out this year and the only team that could bump memphis would be seattle and right now the grizz have about a 4 game lead on them. to make matters worse the hornets join the west next year. geographically this is a no-brainer, the grizz should be in the east.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Don't forget how they humiliated the nets(arguably the best team in the east).
I don't know anyone who would argue a team that's half a game over .500 is the best team in the east, but I guess maybe you do....

I don't think anyone would disagree that the Griz would be a lock for the playoffs in the east, but they're not even close to the Pacers or the Pistons. They just don't have the defense to compete for the top two spots, but they are probably better than any other team in the East, though they're not much ahead of New Orleans or Milwaukee.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
I don't understand why some people think you can just grab some middle of the pack west team, stick them in the east, and have them come out on top. Memphis certainly would be better out east, and would probably finish around 3-4th in the conference as opposed to 7-8th, but that's it. Just because a team is out west doesn't mean they're automatically better than all the teams out east.

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
I think Grizz would be 2nd in east behind Pacers if they were out east.

The grizz have a very deep team with solid players at every position.

With a healthy team, I think they'll end up 7th in west, they'll surprise a lot of people.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
Better than the Pacers or Pistons? I love how some people think that any team in the west would dominate in the east. The Pacers and Pistons are two of the best teams in the league, East or West, while the Grizz are simply a good team.

·
We Warriors
15,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It is hard to tell who is better: Griz, Pistons and Pacers

Griz are a bit better, anyway.

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
It is hard to tell who is better: Griz, Pistons and Pacers

Griz are a bit better, anyway.
I love how logic escapes you. Explain how they are better? The Pacers have a considerably better record then the Grizz. Against west teams as well.

Make some sence when you post.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Coincidently, the Memphis Grizzlies are technically an eastern conference team, because they're only minutes away from Chicago.

If the Grizzlies were in the east, the probability of the Raptors making the playoffs would be more slim.

·
Premium Member
9,371 Posts
The Grizzles may have a tough schedule but for the most part so have the Pistons, they've played alot of the tought big West teams already.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts