Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is just a rough draft of what I would want to accomplish by summer's end.

Priorities-

1A)Re-Sign Rasheed Wallace to a 3-4 year extension aroun 8-10 million dollars a year.

1B)Re-Sign Darius Miles to an extension, worth no more then 6-7 million a year. The kid makes the team go.

2)Try and persuade Quentin Richardson to sign with Portland for the MLE. I think it could work. Q and Darius are as tight as it comes. He is a great outside shooter now. He is young and can also put it on the floor. IMO, he would be a HUGE upgrade at hte 2 guard position.

3)*Re-Sign Wesley Person to a 2-3 year expention at the cheapest possible price. He is a great assest to have. He can be a spark off the bench and come in and just shoot the lights out.

4)Re-Sign Omar Cook to a mini extension for the league minimum. I love his play. He could easily be the starter. He is very unselfish and runs the show well. He is still young and has time to live up to his pontential. As of now,he has earned a contract extension in my eyes.

5)Don't trade the draft picks. Both picks look like they will be around 10-17. I would go after a point guard and a power forward to backup Zach. If Raymond Felton comes out, I'd get him in a heartbeat. I love his game. He runs the offense fluidly, has a nice jumper, and has some nasty passes. Also if Kris Humphries, the frosh phenom from Minnesota declares, I would want him as well. He looks like a stud.

6)Try and see if anyone wants Derek Anderson, sorry DA fans, but I just dislike almost everything about his game at the 2 guard, but I could see him being a good point, yet needs to work on passing on the break imo.. He has a flat shot, takes horrible shots,not a great passer(misses opportunities on fast breaks all the time to get an easy dime). I do love his character though maybe package DA,Dale, and a pick or something and go after a nice big man like Big Z maybe. Or Keep DA at the point and see if any Damon takers are out there.

I would like to see something like this lineup in 04-05 though:
PG-Derek Anderson/Damon Stoudamire
SG-Quentin Richardson
SF-Darius Miles
PF-Zach Randolph
C-Rasheed Wallace

Reserves
Qyntel Woods
Ruben Patterson
Omar Cook
Wesley Person*
Draft PG
Draft PF
Dale Davis?
*-If we sign Q Richardson,no need to resign Wesley Person.

If you don't like these ideas too much,please don't rip into me too bad. These ideas are just of the top of my head.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Originally posted by <b>MAS RipCity</b>!

2)Try and persuade Quentin Richardson to sign with Portland for the MLE. I think it could work. Q and Darius are as tight as it comes. He is a great outside shooter now. He is young and can also put it on the floor. IMO, he would be a HUGE upgrade at hte 2 guard position.
that would take a lot of convincing from the blazers....

·
Registered
9,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MLE might not work, a sign and trade could get the job done then,which in turn could be better.

·
Registered
6,656 Posts
i like what you did, but there's pretty much no way any of that stuff will happen. Wallace is gonna want to max out at 10+, Darius will want more than that, and Quentin won't take the MLE.

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
Originally posted by <b>MAS RipCity</b>!
3)*Re-Sign Wesley Person to a 2-3 year expention at the cheapest possible price. He is a great assest to have. He can be a spark off the bench and come in and just shoot the lights out.
I like the way you think Mas.. I do like Wes as a Steve Kerr type of role on our team A shooter for a reduced rate.

How about some kind of deal with the Clips for Quentin for DA?
They are looking for expiring contracts to make a ruun at Kobe? DA + Wes for Quentin and ?

·
Registered
9,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I really want Q Rich on the squad next year. I would give a lot for him(minus the obvious,Miles,Zach,etc) I think expiring contracts + DA should work.

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
I agree with your plan except for a few small differences.

I would move your number two down to number seven. I would move three and four to two and three. My new number four would be to sign Nedzad Sinanovic as cheaply as possible to the current favorite deal for second round picks, two years with a TO for a third year. I would then move your number six up to number five and figure out what trades are out there. As well as Derek Anderson, I would also trade Ruben Patterson and maybe Dale Davis if he isn't willing to be a backup PF/C. I would, of course, also love to get rid of Damon Stoudamire if we can find a team willing to take him. I disagree with the idea that we shouldn't trade our draft picks. For the most part, I like the idea of us having a veteran starting at each position and a fairly young player backing them up. At this point, I see Damon Stoudamire at PG, Wesley Person at SG and Rasheed Wallace at C with Omar Cook, Qyntel Woods and Nedzad Sinanovic, respectively, hopefully being our future at each of those positions. Where the idea breaks down is at SF and PF where young players in Darius Miles and Zach Randolph are our starters. I also see Qyntel Woods as our backup SF for now. Our backup at PF and maybe C is either Dale Davis or another veteran. Whatever we do with Dale Davis, I don't think we need to draft another C until we see what Nedzad Sinanovic can do so I think we need to draft at most two players with our three picks, if we decide Omar Cook isn't our future at PG we could draft a PG, if we want to let Qyntel Woods backup just one position we could draft a player at the other position he is backing up now. I see many options for our draft picks, we could trade two for one, we could add one to our trade of players to get it done, we could take another player from overseas in the second round and again keep them there or we could decide Omar Cook and Qyntel Woods can handle their roles and just pick the BAPs. I would figure out all of those things and then decide what kind of player to offer our MLE.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts