Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If we come into the all-star break, as an 8th seed or worse?

Hard to believe, but thats how bad this team is playing.

Do we trade Kidd?

If we're going to be a mediocre east team, then I say we should do it.

And if we loose against the Celts on Sunday:

Byron Scott=:fire:

Talentwise, we should be doing better than we are right now right?

Reactions: Petey

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I don't think we trade Kidd anytime soon. Maybe in a few years when he is past his prime, but he is the heart and soul of the Nets. I just can't see him getting traded.

BUT......if by some crazy chance we did trade him. The only PG's I would settle for in return would be either Parker, Steph (not going to happen), Nash or Jason Williams.

·
Banned
7,719 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Rollydog</b>!
Talentwise, we should be doing better than we are right now right?
Absolutely. 21-20 is pretty poor for this team. If you look at December (10-5), I think that is the level the Nets should be playing at.

I don't think its time to give up yet. They really struggled in the 2nd half of the season last year, and still put together a great playoff run. Trading Jason Kidd is saying that this run is over. K-Mart and Jefferson are too young and too talented to say that.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I want Kidd to stay too. But what if this is not just a phase? What if we finish this year off and get knocked out in the 1st round- or don't even make the playoffs as ludicrous as that sounds.

Trading Kidd gives us:

A) Youth.
B) More capspace, since Kidd is signed on for 6 years.
C) More depth- since we can get a lot of quality players for Kidd.

This a trade that I posted at the trade board here:

Nets trade:
Kidd
Harris
Collins
Second Rounder

Nets get:
Parker
Murphy
Hedo
Mercer
Eschemeyer (cut)

Spurs trade:
Rasho Nesterovic
Ron Mercer
Hedo
Tony Parker

Spurs get:
Jason Kidd
Second Rounder
Harris
Collins
Chaney

Warriors trade:
Eschemeyer
Chaney
Troy Murphy

Warriors get:
Rasho Nesterovic.

WHY FOR THE SPURS-
To challenge healthy LA. Collins is a downgrade from Nesterovic, but Kidd is far better than Parker, who's having an off season.

WHY FOR THE WARRIORS-
Get bigger, which is important for them, as they need some more pure bulk inside. Also loose contract bug Eschemeyer and Chaney...

WHY FOR THE NETS-
Get Murphy, who can defend, block shots, board and hit the outside jumper. Nice way to rebuild. Get some young guys. Mercer's contract is expiring.

With Krstic playing well, Griffin probably going Tuesday- we would have a lot of depth soon.

Add a solid 1st rounder and we're on our way.

This team could even content for the playoffs.

Parker/Planinic
Kittles/Mercer
Jefferson/Hedo
Martin/Griffin
Murphy/Williams

Ok- I'm overreacting. We may go 30 and 11 the rest of the way and all this business will be forgotten. We may go back and laugh at the prospect of us trading Jason Kidd...

But things are going terribly now.

I felt nothing after the Heat loss. No anger, no sorrow, nothing. Complete indifference... Perhaps hope that a jarring loss might be enough for Thorn or Scott to make some changes and bring some life to this franchise.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Rollydog</b>!

I felt nothing after the Heat loss. No anger, no sorrow, nothing. Complete indifference... Perhaps hope that a jarring loss might be enough for Thorn or Scott to make some changes and bring some life to this franchise.

Thats exactly how I felt. Last nights lose did nothing for me. I wasn't pissed nor was I happy. I know Scott is going to go. Whether it be fired during the year, or just not brought back for next season. But, what if we fire Scott midseason and we continue to struggle. I think we need to upgrade our bench more so then fire Scott. The odds of us making a trade to improve our bench in mid season is slim, and I don't think Hubert and Eddie are enough to get us back to where we once were.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts