Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Keith Closs said:
I knew oden obviously but are there any other guys this year who if they came out were highly touted and could have went at least lottery?
Kevin Durant, Thaddeus Young and Brandan Wright would have been definite lottery picks. This years high school class is extremely loaded, especially for big athletic players.

Reactions: PaCeRhOLiC

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
There would've been a load of guys drafted in the 1st round. Durrell Arthurh likely would've been a 1st round pick too. There would've 6-8 high school kids picked in round 1.

502 Posts
crazyfan said:
what about wayne ellington?
Ellington would have easily been a 1st rounder. This young man has serious game, despite his lack of size.

502 Posts
Keith Closs said:
how are jon shceyer and gerald henderson from duke?

are they future pros?
I have 4 game tapes from Jon Scheyer, and I would consider him a definate pro prospect after 3 years of seasoning at Duke. He's a legit 6-6 shooting guard with a point guards handle, but this kid can flat out score. He averaged 35 points a game his senior season, and has one of the purest outside strokes since Redick came out of High School. He scored 21 points in the last 74 seconds of a game to lead his team from behind to win. That should tell you all you need to know about how lethal a shooter he is.

·
Premium Member
116,017 Posts
o.iatlhawksfan said:
whatever happen to derrick caracther?
he's signed with Louisville. He's still 6'9 like they reported like when he was a freshman last I heard. He has a weight issue that people are concerned about. I don't think he would get picked THAT high but who knows?

What about Chase Budinger? I keep hearing good things about this kid. I'm getting excited about him arriving at Arizona next yr.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,186 Posts
dissonance19 said:
he's signed with Louisville. He's still 6'9 like they reported like when he was a freshman last I heard. He has a weight issue that people are concerned about. I don't think he would get picked THAT high but who knows?

What about Chase Budinger? I keep hearing good things about this kid. I'm getting excited about him arriving at Arizona next yr.
Budinger is going to be really good especially when Jerryd Bayless arrives in '07.

·
Premium Member
116,017 Posts
HKF said:
Budinger is going to be really good especially when Jerryd Bayless arrives in '07.

Hell, yeah. Too bad they both didn't come in this yr. With Marcus Williams, Mclellan, Budinger, and Bayless all there, our future looks brighter than I thought just a yr ago. Cuz it always seemed last 3 or 4 yrs we missed on some transcendent type of freshman who made an early impact to other schools. We would just need more of a front court or inside presence with these guys. Hopefully, they all or at least some stay though before Bayless arrives.

·
That'll do Pigley...
51,186 Posts
dissonance19 said:
Hell, yeah. Too bad they both didn't come in this yr. With Marcus Williams, Mclellan, Budinger, and Bayless all there, our future looks brighter than I thought just a yr ago. Cuz it always seemed last 3 or 4 yrs we missed on some transcendent type of freshman who made an early impact to other schools. We would just need more of a front court or inside presence with these guys. Hopefully, they all or at least some stay though before Bayless arrives.
Not to mention JP Prince and Nic Wise as well. The Cats will be better off with guys like Chris Rodgers gone.

·
Premium Member
116,017 Posts
HKF said:
Not to mention JP Prince and Nic Wise as well. The Cats will be better off with guys like Chris Rodgers gone.

Definitely true, Prince has looked solid. I don't know much of Wise. I saw we signed him for next yr though.

oh my God, I hate Rodgers. He looked pretty good or solid as a back up or a role player. But when he got a chance to start, he seemed like a different player. He has to have the lowest IQ any Bball player I've ever seen. Adams also played stupid early this season. Trying to impress scouts by showing they can shoot and Rodgers probably hurt himself. Adams at least got away from that a bit during the yr and took it to the basket more.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.