Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
do better
41,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....-_- there's gonna be a shitstorm. Nobody had a problem when it was Yao because he was an all-star level player and even in his rookie year he wasn't terrible, but Lin is a backup getting starter minutes who can barely separate from defenders when I watch him...if he takes a worthy PGs spot in the West I hope the East makes sure he doesnt score.

I hope they keep him in the damn backcourt so China will be shamed into never voting for him again. It's kind of abundantly clear he isn't close to what he "appeared to be" during that initial run and quiet as kept the media is acting like there was no Linsanity last year.

·
do better
41,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I feel like he took Yao's crown and China will blindly vote for him but I hope you're right

·
Premium Member
118,623 Posts
Is Lin as popular as Yao was in China, though?

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
How's it any different than when Shaq and TMac got voted in on years they couldn't even play since they were injured?

The average fan is an idiot, and I doubt making the ASG means much to the players anymore.

·
Better Call Saul
13,184 Posts
If I was in charge I'd probably just leave him off the ballot. He's mediocre and has no place in an all star game.

·
do better
41,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The average fan is an idiot, and I doubt making the ASG means much to the players anymore.

You crazy. Everybody wants to be at All-Star weekend

And Shaq and T-Mac at least earned their rep through play, Lin is just China's golden boy.

And the thing is this isn't even about the aveage fan in America, I doubt he'll have substantial American votes, but in China people repped Yao regardless of what happened, they chose him over Shaq still in his prime with no second thoughts....so if he gets in and leaves a good player off the roster that will suck

·
Look at your favorite team, now back to mine, mine
8,475 Posts

·
Oladipo for the people
48,150 Posts
You crazy. Everybody wants to be at All-Star weekend

And Shaq and T-Mac at least earned their rep through play, Lin is just China's golden boy.

And the thing is this isn't even about the aveage fan in America, I doubt he'll have substantial American votes, but in China people repped Yao regardless of what happened, they chose him over Shaq still in his prime with no second thoughts....so if he gets in and leaves a good player off the roster that will suck
So undeserving players are ok to be voted in, as long is its by American votes and not those dirty Chinese voting them in?

What a stupid stance to have Dre.

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
All-star weekend is for the fans.. if Lin is voted in, it's whatever..

As long as regular fans don't treat # of all-star appearances as holding any weight at the end of people's careers.. Selection is a joke. Always obvious snubs.

·
Registered
19,468 Posts
....-_- there's gonna be a shitstorm. Nobody had a problem when it was Yao because he was an all-star level player and even in his rookie year he wasn't terrible, but Lin is a backup getting starter minutes who can barely separate from defenders when I watch him...if he takes a worthy PGs spot in the West I hope the East makes sure he doesnt score.

I hope they keep him in the damn backcourt so China will be shamed into never voting for him again. It's kind of abundantly clear he isn't close to what he "appeared to be" during that initial run and quiet as kept the media is acting like there was no Linsanity last year.
U MAD BRO

·
The Black Mamba
1,652 Posts
If Lin puts up all star numbers, then yeah, he deserves to play in the All Star Game. I just hope that the fans look at his stats before they make that decision. Like Charles has said before, the league needs to have the coaches vote.

·
Registered
13,950 Posts
so you're saying that lin isn't a top 30 pg in the league? ok...

·
Werewolf Bar Mitzvah
18,794 Posts
So undeserving players are ok to be voted in, as long is its by American votes and not those dirty Chinese voting them in?

What a stupid stance to have Dre.
American votes! Don't outsource our popularity contests!

·
Administrator
67,768 Posts
Yes, it would. Lin is easily a top 30 point guard in the league.
Having watched every one of his games these last two years in the NBA (through the NBAtv Linsanity marathon and league pass this year with the Rockets), I would say he's borderline top 30. He's a pretty poor defender on ball. He gambles for steals, some of which he gets. He cannot beat anyone off the dribble. His shot is inconsistent. His court vision is very, very slightly above average, but his pass execution is often lacking. I'm not quite sure what starter-level NBA point guard skills he truly has.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts