Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...posted in here, their threads would locked too.

Because they're basically both saying what I said in my locked thread.

Link to article

Spurs guard Manu Ginobili fell backward into the side of Barbosa's knee, and after watching a replay, Barbosa believes the injury could have been avoided.

"Ginobili always likes to flop," Barbosa said. "Nobody even touched him."

Ginobili was apparently trying to get position over Raja Bell when he stumbled backward.

"He just flopped," Barbosa said. "That's why I feel sad to hurt myself like that. I wish I could have hurt myself in another way."

Suns coach Mike D'Antoni said: "(Ginobili) got tangled up a little bit with Raja Bell and just to make his point, he was falling down. It was an accident."

Ginobili has long been accused of putting on performances to draw fouls, and was even needled during last season's Western Conference finals when Suns forward Shawn Marion joked about practicing his own acting skills.
Hey mods, how about giving me a damned good reason before one of you locks this one? I have seen more 'inflammatory' threads than this, that were left open.

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
I think the best place for this would have been here, considering that very same topic is being discussed. If everyone makes a thread about a topic they want to discuss the boards will become cluttered with usless threads that have about 3-5 post per thread.

·
Curse of the Sonics
20,794 Posts
I feel bad for Barbosa, as I feel bad for any player who gets injuried, but it wasn't done on purpose. He was in the wrong place at the wrong time, and that's the case for all injuries really.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sir Patchwork said:
I feel bad for Barbosa, as I feel bad for any player who gets injuried, but it wasn't done on purpose. He was in the wrong place at the wrong time, and that's the case for all injuries really.
I am sure it wasn't done on purpose. Even D'Antoni said so in his quote. It's the fact that it could have been avoided, had not a certain player decide to exaggerate contact by falling down, as he is prone to do. "Flopping like a beached fish" as it were.

Look, I really do admire the man's tenacity and ability to outwork almost everyone on the floor, including his own teammates, but that part of his game needs to "simmer down".

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
carrrnuttt said:
Hey mods, how about giving me a damned good reason before one of you locks this one? I have seen more 'inflammatory' threads than this, that were left open.
I don't think your original post was the problem; it might have had to do with the direction the thread was heading in. That said, to close a thread without providing a reason is weak and not very productive.

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
carrrnuttt said:
I am sure it wasn't done on purpose. Even D'Antoni said so in his quote. It's the fact that it could have been avoided, had not a certain player decide to exaggerate contact by falling down, as he is prone to do. "Flopping like a beached fish" as it were.

Look, I really do admire the man's tenacity and ability to outwork almost everyone on the floor, including his own teammates, but that part of his game needs to "simmer down".
Simply by the fact you went and found these pics to backup your point, I must say you are passionate about this topic. If nothing else but for that reason this thread should become "The Official Manu is a Flop and it must stop" petition and/or thread.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
ralaw said:
Simply by the fact you went and found these pics to backup your point, I must say you are passionate about this topic.
You'd be surprised how easy it was to find those pics in Google's image search. Took less than 5 mins, as I can't spend that much time on it, as I am at work.

They are simply to illustrate my point, as some people, especially his fans, tend to overlook his exaggerations, some even saying that the 'hit' was legit, that sends a 200-lb man flying.

I am saying that the defense for these actions are getting weaker and weaker, as it gets proven that he can injure others by him doing this.

·
Registered
4,991 Posts
carrrnuttt said:
You'd be surprised how easy it was to find those pics in Google's image search. Took less than 5 mins, as I can't spend that much time on it, as I am at work.
Goes to show how much Manu flops if it only took 5 minutes to find 6 pics of him flopping! :raised_ey :laugh:

·
Feel the Rush!
4,292 Posts
carrrnuttt said:
All of the mods here work very hard and put a lot of time into this site. If a mod closes a thread, it is for a good reason. Do not publicly attack mods, I definitely won't stand for it in this forum.

-SJax

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.