Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

If McInnis comes back in the playoffs

675 Views 21 Replies 14 Participants Last post by  cpawfan
do you guys think Frank will give him another chance to get into the rotation? The team is playing great but Vaughn hasn't done anything to distinguish himself as Kidd's backup. The Nets just need someone else other than Cliffy to score off the bench. So far Murray and Planinic have been very inconsistent, and Vaughn can't really score.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
If McInnis can provide some scoring, maybe 5-8 points off the bench, then yea, I think he should be back in the rotation. Flip-flop between him and Vaughn. If you need D, go to Vaughn. If you need offense, go to Jeff.
Vaughn really struggles on the offensive end and his defense hasnt made any real difference, but McInnis really killed us when he was on the court. Its a tough call but I think we should go with whats working and so far thats Vaughn.
:naughty: if its working, dont MESS with it. there is no need for experimentation during the playoffs. I'll be willing to give him a chance next season if he take's his player option.
NO. McInnis has the highest negative in our +/- ratings.
I like McInnis right were he is, cheering on the bench. He's very good at that.
Netted- said:
I like McInnis right were he is, cheering on the bench. He's very good at that.
he seems to be quite complacent with it for that matter.
only way IMO that McInnis gets on the court is if Wright gets major time off the bench...I don't think that's gonna happen though...despite McInnis ability to score...
Frank should just tell Mcinnis to just go out and have a scoring mentality. Remember, Frank has said Mcinnis has improved greatly. I'm still interested to see what Mcinnis has to offer
If he can atleast 6 ppg of the bench,score throw the offense,and ofcourse play some D.

Welcome back Jeff.
Intense Enigma said:
If he can atleast 6 ppg of the bench,score throw the offense,and ofcourse play some D.

Welcome back Jeff.
The biggest key of all is NOT BLOW THE DEFENSIVE ROTATIONS.

Let's face it, were winning with great team defense and great team chemistry.
Come playoff time Kidd will see 42-44 minutes a night when it matters. I don't think it would matter who we put in there for 4-6 minutes. We'd probably see VC run the show with Zoran and Wright playing alongside if RJ sits.
Kidd Karma said:
Come playoff time Kidd will see 42-44 minutes a night when it matters. I don't think it would matter who we put in there for 4-6 minutes. We'd probably see VC run the show with Zoran and Wright playing alongside if RJ sits.
Kidd's minutes are most important. The Nets can't have him play 42-44 minutes in the first round. A lineup of McInnis, Wright, Cliffy + one or two of the big 4 would be o.k. if McInnis can contribute positively.
I think we should play Mcinnis in the playoffs but not mess up the rotation. Maybe have him play a role like Wright/Zoran were they take each others minutes off the bench offense/defense, but have him do this with Vaughn.
are you people serious? did u even watch mcinnis earlier this year? he was an absolute turnstyle on D, blew rotations, and pounded the ball at the top of the arc for the first 15 seconds of every possession. he has ZERO value for this team. he wont sniff playing time for the nets EVER AGAIN. theres no way we pick up his option. we could use that money a lot better.
u can't mess with the defensive chemistry of the team right now. he doesnt provide enough offense to make the trade-off.
dunbladekilla said:
are you people serious? did u even watch mcinnis earlier this year? he was an absolute turnstyle on D, blew rotations, and pounded the ball at the top of the arc for the first 15 seconds of every possession. he has ZERO value for this team. he wont sniff playing time for the nets EVER AGAIN. theres no way we pick up his option. we could use that money a lot better.
u can't mess with the defensive chemistry of the team right now. he doesnt provide enough offense to make the trade-off.
Its his decision to pick up the option for next year not ours.
Grandmazter3 said:
Its his decision to pick up the option for next year not ours.
DAMN! i thought it was a team option! in that case mcinnis will definitly exercise it and come back seeing as he has little to no value right now.
that changes everything... ugh.. doubt hes very tradeable. i guess coach frank and jkidd are gonna have to try and re-define jeffs game during the offseason because his game doesnt fit in with the Nets current defensive style.
The Nets don't have depth. As of now, they have a 7 man rotation (with Planinic, Murray and Wright playing sparingly). If they want to go deep in the playoff, any contribution off the bench is a big contribution.
Aurelino said:
The Nets don't have depth. As of now, they have a 7 man rotation (with Planinic, Murray and Wright playing sparingly). If they want to go deep in the playoff, any contribution off the bench is a big contribution.
a 7man rotation is a major disadvantage in the regular season but come playoff time the size of the bench on everyones team shrinks. a 7man rotation in the playoffs will work fine. look at the Pistons! sure if we had an guard it would help, but its not the end of the world.
its better to stick with what works then attempting to insert a player into the rotation who:
1) hasnt played in months
2) couldnt even break the rotation when he was healthy
3) was of mediocre talent to begin with
4) cant play D when it is of such importance to this team, especially in the playoffs
dunbladekilla said:
a 7man rotation is a major disadvantage in the regular season but come playoff time the size of the bench on everyones team shrinks. a 7man rotation in the playoffs will work fine. look at the Pistons! sure if we had an guard it would help, but its not the end of the world.
its better to stick with what works then attempting to insert a player into the rotation who:
1) hasnt played in months
2) couldnt even break the rotation when he was healthy
3) was of mediocre talent to begin with
4) cant play D when it is of such importance to this team, especially in the playoffs
The Pistons have McDyess on the bench who is better than any bench player on the Nets. They are also trying to get more minutes from Delk and Hunter who will no doubt be used in the playoffs. I think an 8 man rotation is o.k. 7 is too thin. Also, how much time did Planinic and Murray take to break the rotation? If those two had played consistently, this would be a non-issue. There is still time , although I also think Frank will likely go with a 7 man rotation.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.