Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If Luol Deng does not go pro after this season who will be the first SG/SF taken? Seems the 2004 Draft is loaded with big men but the perimeter players seem to be mostly in the 8-15 range. These guys include Monya,Iguodala,Childress,Drejer,Wright,etc. Which one of these guys shoots up draft board ala Kirk from last year and gets picked high. We will most likely have a top 5 and we need a wing player bad. This is assuming we are not taking someone like Okafor and trading Curry.
 

·
Fomer Admins are Kewl!
Joined
·
15,460 Posts
Originally posted by <b>basghetti80</b>!
If Luol Deng does not go pro after this season who will be the first SG/SF taken? Seems the 2004 Draft is loaded with big men but the perimeter players seem to be mostly in the 8-15 range. These guys include Monya,Iguodala,Childress,Drejer,Wright,etc. Which one of these guys shoots up draft board ala Kirk from last year and gets picked high. We will most likely have a top 5 and we need a wing player bad. This is assuming we are not taking someone like Okafor and trading Curry.
Warrick is a logical choice even though most of you Bulls fans seem not to like him
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,438 Posts
Re: Re: If no Deng?

Originally posted by <b>BEEZ</b>!


Warrick is a logical choice even though most of you Bulls fans seem not to like him
I love Warrick the college player, but how many stick think 200lb 6'8" power forwards make it in the league? I can't even think of one.

If Hakim only had the skills to play small forward...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,925 Posts
Originally posted by <b>basghetti80</b>!
If Luol Deng does not go pro after this season who will be the first SG/SF taken? Seems the 2004 Draft is loaded with big men but the perimeter players seem to be mostly in the 8-15 range. These guys include Monya,Iguodala,Childress,Drejer,Wright,etc. Which one of these guys shoots up draft board ala Kirk from last year and gets picked high. We will most likely have a top 5 and we need a wing player bad. This is assuming we are not taking someone like Okafor and trading Chandler.
As far as talent goes, Josh Smith is the only guy I'd draft at SF. If we cant get Okafor, I'd trade the pick for a servicable SF.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,819 Posts
Re: Re: Re: If no Deng?

Originally posted by <b>Darius Miles Davis</b>!


I love Warrick the college player, but how many stick think 200lb 6'8" power forwards make it in the league? I can't even think of one.

If Hakim only had the skills to play small forward...
Its funny you would say that, the player in your name is the only one I can think of.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,925 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: If no Deng?

Originally posted by <b>Charlotte_______</b>!
Its funny you would say that, the player in your name is the only one I can think of.
:laugh: What a coincedence.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,438 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: If no Deng?

Originally posted by <b>John The Cool Kid</b>!


:laugh: What a coincedence.
I liked Darius a lot his rookie year, but he never learned to shoot. However, his handle is 18 times better than Warrick's, so I think I'll bank on Darius making it in the league before I pick Hakim. Darius has tremendous 1 on 1 skills, but his explosiveness has been limited by injuries. Also keep in mind that Darius is only one year older. He still has time to turn it around, and the form on his shot looks a lot better this year after his offseason with Tim Grover. I still don't know if he'll ever get it though.

I think the best you'll get out of Warrick in the pros is a Malik Rose type player. He doesn't have Malik's bulk, though he certainly is a better athlete/finisher. If Hakim could play with Jason Kidd, I'm sure he'd do pretty well. He's a tremendous run/jump athlete with hustle, but that's about it. A 4 in a 3's body.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,073 Posts
If not Deng,I say trade down for a SF,and there r so many 2/3 in this draft(not only bigs) -

Luke Jackson,Monya,Drejer,Childers,Iguodala,Chirianev, Gordon,Livingston,Warrik,Kirk Snyder,Sato,wright,Kris Humphries(one of my favorites),Rickey Paulding,Viktor Kryhpa,Matt Freije,Darius Rice and Damir Omerhodzic r all posibilities to be available after 10th pick,and Josh Smith whom i've never seen is supposed to go High.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,438 Posts
Re: Re: If no Deng?

Originally posted by <b>shyFX325</b>!


you prolly wont even have a top 5 though unless you win the lottery..... 1-3 is the winners, than charlotte, than the worst team to not win. Ild say you guys are looking 6-8 unless you get lucky
Shy, right now we have the 2nd worst record in the league. We may well get a 1-3 or 5 pick.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,925 Posts
I think its very possible we get the number 1 pick.

Orlando will most likely pass us sooner or later, Cleveland will improve when Lebron gets back and with their new talents playing so well.

Its basically us, Atlanta and Washington.

We will get a top 5 pick.
 

·
"Meow."
Joined
·
5,595 Posts
Originally posted by <b>John The Cool Kid</b>!
I think its very possible we get the number 1 pick.

Orlando will most likely pass us sooner or later, Cleveland will improve when Lebron gets back and with their new talents playing so well.

Its basically us, Atlanta and Washington.

We will get a top 5 pick.
Hello darkness my old friend....I wish I could disagree.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,925 Posts
Originally posted by <b>C.C.C.P</b>!
Hello darkness my old friend....I wish I could disagree.
You know, other teams spend years working their way up through FA and such. We just bottomfeed until we find Michael Jordans and ride them as long as possible. No Biggie.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,211 Posts
Originally posted by <b>John The Cool Kid</b>!


You know, other teams spend years working their way up through FA and such. We just bottomfeed until we find Michael Jordans and ride them as long as possible. No Biggie.
And then **** on him at the end of his career because he wants to play somewhere else
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,433 Posts
Word from Durham says that Deng is heavily leaning towards staying. He's a very grounded kid who's in no rush to get rich quick. He really believes he will benefit from another year under Coach K's tutelage, and it will get him closer to getting his degree. He realizes he's a top 5 pick, but he shrugs that off. He says he won't make decisions based on what the rest of the world says, but rather on what he thinks is right and best for him. And for whatever reason, he really feels strongly that he will develop best in college for a few years.

Feel free to disagree, but this is what I'm hearing from sources close to him on campus. So don't be surprised if he stays.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,750 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ChiBullsFan</b>!
Word from Durham says that Deng is heavily leaning towards staying. He's a very grounded kid who's in no rush to get rich quick. He really believes he will benefit from another year under Coach K's tutelage, and it will get him closer to getting his degree. He realizes he's a top 5 pick, but he shrugs that off. He says he won't make decisions based on what the rest of the world says, but rather on what he thinks is right and best for him. And for whatever reason, he really feels strongly that he will develop best in college for a few years.

Feel free to disagree, but this is what I'm hearing from sources close to him on campus. So don't be surprised if he stays.
I get the feeling he will stay as well. Not many Duke players leave after a year (I know Maggette did). He could stay another year, and take his game to another level. I actually think it would be best for him to do that, based on what I've seen of him this season.

As for the other SG/SF in the draft, either trade the pick with our junk for an established scorer, in the least get a guy who can contribute.
 
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top