Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imagine if chuck hayes avged 20 mpg. how good would his stats be. he'd be 2nd or 3rd on rookie rankings as well as a member of the all rookie team.

in 20mins hayes would avg 8pts, 10 rebs, 2 steals

which would = first in nba for rebs per 48 mins, offensive rebs per 48 mins, defensive rebs per 48 mins.

damn JVG :curse:
http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/Fast_Break_with_Chuck_Hayes-173110-822.html <-- about chuck

P.S: something to cheer about for yao.. finally receiving recognition

http://www.nba.com/hannspree/

·
Registered
443 Posts
i think a whole mid-level is a little too much...about half the mid level sounds right...plus we dont wanna be paying our bench too much...if we wanna get a decent 3rd option anytime soon

Reactions: CbobbyB

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
I don't remember who said it, but someone said JVG was holding back on Chuck's minutes because he didn't want him to get too high of stats so that they can sign him cheap for next season.

In some ways I hope that is true, because I would really like to see him be successful with Yao and T-mac, but it has been very frustrating.

It's nice to see yall like Chuck though :D

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
HayesFan said:
I don't remember who said it, but someone said JVG was holding back on Chuck's minutes because he didn't want him to get too high of stats so that they can sign him cheap for next season.

In some ways I hope that is true, because I would really like to see him be successful with Yao and T-mac, but it has been very frustrating.

It's nice to see yall like Chuck though :D
how can you not like a pure hustler

·
Registered
5,781 Posts
This is from ClutchFans:

durvasa said:
Hayes is still young, and increased stamina comes with more playing time. It may be probable that his rebound rate will decrease, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if it stayed the same.

Consider the chart below, which plots all his games this season in which he played more than 5 minutes.

The Game Rating is Hollinger's formula for a single game performance (based on the box score numbers) adjusted to 40 minutes played. As you can see, his overall statistical production tended to be better with more playing time, though there was a slight dip in rebounds.

·
Registered
5,781 Posts
His PER of 17 is easily the third-best on the team. It mainly measures offensive and rebounding production and only on a per-minute basis, and I think he has a few issues defensively (though he appears to have good defensive instincts), but that figure is too high to ignore.

·
MVP
8,956 Posts
Hakeem said:
His PER of 17 is easily the third-best on the team. It mainly measures offensive and rebounding production and only on a per-minute basis, and I think he has a few issues defensively (though he appears to have good defensive instincts), but that figure is too high to ignore.
Hopefully this is where Daryl Morey steps in and provides Jeff with these stats. Not that Jeff doesn't know his stats, he just doesn't know the right ones. He knows all the fantasy stats, but I wonder if he ever takes a look at these?

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
if chuck continues to performance like he is, the season after next the starting lineup should be

alston
roy(if he get him)
tmac
hayes
yao

roy n tmac can be changed

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Hakeem said:
He hasn't ever had any defensive issues... what you may be seeing is him getting used to a new style of defense though... Tubby plays a center line ball help defense that Chuck spent four years working with, I imagine that system is ingrained in his brain. But it only works if everyone on the court does it... I figure as he gets used to the system, he shouldn't have any problems.

·
Registered
5,781 Posts
HayesFan said:
He hasn't ever had any defensive issues... what you may be seeing is him getting used to a new style of defense though.... I figure as he gets used to the system, he shouldn't have any problems.
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking (and hoping). He's undersized, but like I said, he's seems to have good instincts. I think he just needs to get used to the system (though he'd need to actually be on the court for that), get used to guarding NBA-sized power forwards (big issue there, like it or not), and cut down on the rookie mistakes like fouls.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Hakeem said:
I think he just needs to get used to the system (though he'd need to actually be on the court for that), get used to guarding NBA-sized power forwards (big issue there, like it or not), and cut down on the rookie mistakes like fouls.
Yeah... gaurding the "NBA-sized" forwards is something is problematic... if only because its possible for them to shoot over him... :D I think eventually as he gains more experience on the floor, his issues will iron themselves out.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.