Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Honestly, Let's say he returns April 17th, the team will have to adjust, and

we're at a point where we can't adjust. We have to go with what's been

working the last few weeks. And if he returns in the playoffs(if we make it)

will we have to sacrifice a game or two to get acquainted? just to get

warmed up?

Reactions: Petey

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Doubt it because I don't think he'll start, he'll be a guy off the bench, and could he be any worse than Buford, Mercer or Thomas?

-Joe C.

·
Legal Smeagol
30,760 Posts
I doubt it. He'll be an option for the offense, after Carter. I doubt he'll get nearly as many touches on offense as he's used to, and should get fewer than Krstic. Once the big man's established though, Jefferson should do fine slashing to the basket. And the break, oh the lovely break... Chemistry-wise I don't see a problem. He's been a third option before, and has conducted himself with class and even humility before, and I don't see that changing on his return. Just as long as he doesn't go right in and hurl jumpers we'll be ok.

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Well if he launches those god awful mid range pull-ups, Kidd will take the ball off him. simple. This isnt the olympics you know.

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
Its a motion offense, and RJ's a team player. He's gonna touch the ball alot and he's going to make good things happen. Just think about the break, where instead of Best and Carter on the wings, it'll be Carter and RJ. We'll be Dunk City again. I would fully expect him to be very patient, and follow others' leads. The bad shots he took earlier in the year were on a team that started Collins, Zo, Planinic?, EWilliams, and himself, not JKidd, Vince Carter, and Krstic. Not going to be an issue, IMO.

·
Registered
263 Posts
rj isnt the type of player that needs to shoot to be effective, he is a team player that can pass the ball around on the offensive set. more importantly he will team up with vc as running mates on the jkidd fast break and the key is that his defensive ability, hustle and toughness will be crucial for the team in the final stages of the regular season and hopefully the post season.

·
Banned
7,719 Posts
Would be cool if RJ, realizing his limitations post-surgery, decided to become a defensive stopper, and on the other end, be that guy that VC finds open for jumpers. He doesn't need to be the playmaker that he was pre-injury.

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
there are 29 GM's and coaches who wished they had the problem of re-integrating one of the best young players in the NBA into their system.

·
Registered
7,119 Posts
NetIncome said:
there are 29 GM's and coaches who wished they had the problem of re-integrating one of the best young players in the NBA into their system.
28. I don't think he would fit in on the Knicks. :biggrin:

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
i think so he just have to learn his place and that he isnt a superstar and not make stupid plays and not take all the shots

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
The only problems I have w/ RJ coming back are him trying to do too much right away, and/or him getting re-injured. RJ was shooting a lot at the beginning of the season b/c it was a need, not b/c he is a ballhog.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts