Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
If there was ever a year for the league to modify the tournament and kindly tell the bottom 4, or more, teams that it is best that they sit this one out, it is this year. Nothing good can come from having those teams at the conference tournament in normal years, but this year you can add risk of virus spread added to the mix.

Can you imagine Fordham making a mini-run (humor me), facing one of the top teams on the 3rd day of the tournament and knocking them out, not because they beat them, but because they had a positive Covid test and put the other team at risk?

I am sure it would be controversial, but it should be done.
I completely agree. Should be top 8. I guess the A10 said when they talked about it that the schools didnt want to take away an opportunity given how tough of a year it was. The flip side is our NCAA possible teams are at further risk.

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
Yeah, I agree. I think you have top 8 play the quarters/semis/finals; But have the bottom 6 play games at campus sites to fill the TV timeslots our tourney usually has.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Thanks AA. I dont like the 2nd round quarter start times at all. No primetime games? Thats pretty crappy. I like the semis moving to sat night but the rest is not great.

·
Piker
10,202 Posts
The A10 just changed the semifinal game times from 11 & 2 to now be 6 & 9 on Saturday on CBSSN. It moved so the MVC can be on CBSSN at 1 & 4.

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
The A10 just changed the semifinal game times from 11 & 2 to now be 6 & 9 on Saturday on CBSSN. It moved so the MVC can be on CBSSN at 1 & 4.
No, you were supposed to get them to move the last two Friday games to later not Saturday!

·
Piker
10,202 Posts
No, you were supposed to get them to move the last two Friday games to later not Saturday!
I have no power. I realized that when I could not talk Peloton into sending me the bike immediately and they are making me wait 10 weeks.

·
Registered
7,756 Posts
I'm pretty sure the only way the Hawks and Explorers play is if both GW and Fordham don't partake in the tourney.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts