Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Season's not over, but if the Bulls kept on their current pace (they're worse then the Magic, who had a 19 game losing streak), would they draft another high schooler, Dwight Howard (consensus #1 overall)? Eddy Curry and Ty Chandler aren't the answer so far, so would they back away from Dwight?

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Paxson was at the game that was televised nationally. As long as he saw what I saw, which is a player who NEEDS college badly, he wont take Howard. Especially with the youth on the team already. Howard is years away from contributing.

I think it will become fairly obvious that Okafor is the easy choice at #1, and if that happens then Pax needs to find the best way to get a worthy starting SF. Whether that be through trading down, up, sideways, backwards, whatever. He needs to use the pick to either get Okafor, or a starting SF, point blank.

If we do get Okafor, then I think Chandler would be the trade bait for the SF.

So its the pick or Chandler, as trade bait for a SF.

Just my two cents.

·
Registered
4,314 Posts
Well I see the Bulls going after Deng or Okefor. Deng would play SF with Chandler and Curry in the frontcourt. If they go after Okefor I see them trying to trade Curry because I think Chandler has more potential than Curry.

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
I agree with the other posters. We will back away from a Smith or a howard. We cannot continue to lose. Youth will hurt us. It is true, pax, riley and west were at the game as well as a number of other GM's. True they did watch the game between Morris and Howard, but truth be said, they really came for the college game the next day. Syracuse and U Conn. So the hs game was not their major concern. The college game was why Pax was there. And maybe to look at Howard as trade bait but I doubt that.

·
X-Mas Taker
8,947 Posts
personally i would trade down a couple of spots if the bulls got a number 1 or 2 ,the rated top 2 players are okafor and howard but the next 2 right now are deng and smith ...there is a huge difference in the level of player people are talking here ...for instance howard and okafor might be franchise (that isn't my belief but its what people are saying)the bulls need a wing player, small forward specifically and those 2 fit the bill with smith considered more of a shooter with a higher ceiling and deng being more ready.If Robinson continues the way he is playing drafting a young player at the 3 and gradually working them in to me would be great and with a trade down to lets say the bobcats the bulls could get another wing player(whom the bulls can decide on when the bobcats are snatching unprotected players in that draft just for when e-rob breaks down or a future pick .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts