Votes: 4 19.0%
  • NO, not at all

Votes: 2 9.5%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If the Raps traded Vince would you still be a Raps fan.

I would but not nearly as much as I am now.

How about the rest of you.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Definitely same as before, maybe even more depending on who we get in return. Anyway, I have nothing against Vince as a person, he's great, but I think it's time to move on. You know the saying, "out with the old, in with the new."

·
Registered
12,236 Posts
I would most definetly be a hardcore raptor fan still.

Vince is the franchise and all, but to abandon your team just because the franchise player got traded, is really lame.

True fans would stick with the team at times when there horrible, at the bottom of the pack, or rebuilding.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Originally posted by <b>hellbot</b>!
I would most definetly be a hardcore raptor fan still.

Vince is the franchise and all, but to abandon your team just because the franchise player got traded, is really lame.

True fans would stick with the team at times when there horrible, at the bottom of the pack, or rebuilding.
yup

·
Registered
510 Posts
Definatly the same as before.
No matter how good or how bad this team is, and no matter who plays for them. This is my home and I will always support my home team no matter what.

Who cares who plays for our team. As long as we win and still play entertaining basketball

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Professionally, I'd care about the Raptors in general, regardless of who is traded from Toronto.
Personally, I'd miss the amazing highlights and the domination in Vince.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Vince Carter introduced me to the NBA . Before him I was only a

casual fan of basketball. I'm sure he did this for many other

canadians. Vince Carter is Basketball Canada. I'm not saying I

would decline my support for the Raptors but I wouldn't have

been a supporter without him .

·
Registered
372 Posts
all of u that like trading Vince are dumb....
he struggles for a couple of games are all of u turn on him....

he has a half crippled leg.....some of you make me sick:upset:

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't care if the Raps suck I'll still like them, I still watched most games last year when they were terrible.

But I don't like the team just for the city, it's the players. And VC is a huge part of that, and if he is traded the whole team is completly different. And really I wouldn't like them that much.

And too they would be terrible to watch, besides VC no one on the Raps is really exciting cept for Bosh sometimes.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Trading Vince is the only answer - do it - it is an inevitability time will show that he must go for sustained success in Toronto.

·
Registered
6,649 Posts
Originally posted by <b>charlz</b>!
Trading Vince is the only answer - do it - it is an inevitability time will show that he must go for sustained success in Toronto.
and you're a mod :nonono:

:p

·
duke of new york, a#1
16,132 Posts
Honestly, I'd be very frustrated. I'm not sold on the idea that Vince won't lead this franchise to success.

I suppose I'd get over it, but only if what we got for Vince was something very special.

If not, I might not still be a fan, for the very reason that I do put the franchise first. Trading Vince seems like a knee-jerk reaction, a short-sighted, scapegoating response to problems that could be settled without having to move him.

To some degree there has to be trust between management and the fanbase. If management continually makes poor decisions, they don't deserve your support. There is more to being a fan than just rooting for the team that's close-by.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I've been a basketball fan a long time. I didn't follow the Raptors when they first started because I despised Isiah - and I feel vindicated! I started following them when Vince won the slam dunk competition and have really enjoyed them since. I consider myself a Raptors fan and I watch every game I can, or follow them on Sportsline. If he were traded, I'd still be a Raptors fan, but I sure wouldn't go to the trouble I do to catch their games - unless they got someone with similar charisma (like Steve Nash) AND had a successful team.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts