Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Census on who is a great pick at the 5th spot.....

Who do you realisticly see us trading that pick and a player to....
and what do we get in return.... what is the preceived value of
this yrs 5th pick

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
Considering this years draft is viewed as being weaker than last years draft...the #5 pick last year was traded for Antawn Jamieson.

Most of the SG's we have all been hot for this year are FA's this summer so a S & T deal would be needed, which means after the draft and convincing the player that Portland is their spot.

I really don't know what we could/should reasonably get in exchange for the #5, and that is why I tend to say stick with it and take the player that has teh best chance at beng a super stud, according to our scouts, not us fans and the Mock sites.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
I think we need to take the most talented player on the board with the 5th pick. At this point, before any pre draft workouts or anything, Gerald Green would have to probably be at the top of the list. Not only that, but he's in a position of need which doesn't hurt the situation. If you can have 3 or 4 super star potential talents all grow together with their ages so close to each other, it can be an explosive thing to see happen. Imagine Telfair, Outlaw, and Green all about the same age, along with Zach Randolph, a guy who can bring 20 and 10 to the table on almost every night. Sounds pretty ****ing intriguing. :bsmile:

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sambonius said:
I think we need to take the most talented player on the board with the 5th pick. At this point, before any pre draft workouts or anything, Gerald Green would have to probably be at the top of the list. Not only that, but he's in a position of need which doesn't hurt the situation. If you can have 3 or 4 super star potential talents all grow together with their ages so close to each other, it can be an explosive thing to see happen. Imagine Telfair, Outlaw, and Green all about the same age, along with Zach Randolph, a guy who can bring 20 and 10 to the table on almost every night. Sounds pretty ****ing intriguing. :bsmile:
I agree with most of what you are saying...BUT.... Telfair,Outlaw,
Zach,Przy,Khryapa are ready to contribute next yr and gel as a team.
we need a 2 gaurd who fits that description, not a 2yr lets see pick..

We have shot the moon and gotten Zak/Outlaw/Telfair/Khryapa/monya
and Ha.. lets not blow it, and waste this pick. use it, to get what we
need, even if it isn't a player in this draft.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Bookworm said:
I agree with most of what you are saying...BUT.... Telfair,Outlaw,
Zach,Przy,Khryapa are ready to contribute next yr and gel as a team.
we need a 2 gaurd who fits that description, not a 2yr lets see pick..
Didn't say they wouldn't contribute, I think they will contribute heavily because all of them are such hard workers and have made huge strides every year. They are all so close in age, I wouldn't want to trade the pick to get a player that is 27 or 28 because he likely won't be there when it counts and when the core group is in its prime.

We have shot the moon and gotten Zak/Outlaw/Telfair/Khryapa/monya
and Ha.. lets not blow it, and waste this pick. use it, to get what we
need, even if it isn't a player in this draft.
Agreed but with the age group we have, I don't see any realistic SGs we should try and acquire through a trade because most of the ones that we MIGHT be able to acquire are out of the age range. I don't think a Paul Pierce would be that smart of an acquisition because when the core group enters their prime, Paul would be out of his.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts