Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Then Natterson has a hand full of possible deals that he is looking at. If he has truly had it with Rasheed then he will take one of them. Which would you want?

Here are the teams Vescey mentioned and the principals likely involved (in order by my favorites)

The Good

Pistons,
Darko and/or Okur, filled out with some combination of Sura, Rebracca and Campbell

Grizzlies,
Gasol or Swift with JWeed and Battier, plus filler (Outlaw? no jokes please)

[I would put the Atlanta deals in here somewhere]

The Bad

Spurs,
Nesterovic, Mercer and change (Bowen, Turkoglu, Horry?). We’d finally have a center, sort of.

Nets,
KMart + Kittles + filler

Mavericks,
Jamison + about 19M in salary. Jamison and Steve Nash would work, but Dallas won’t do that. Jamison and Fortson works, but long term money involved. Would require draft picks from Dallas at least.

The Downright Depressingly Ugly

Rockets,
Nachbar, Cato, Padget (Yao and Franchise aren’t going anywhere) is all that is likely available and still doesn’t come close to enough to match salary-wise. Third team required.

Knicks,
KVH, Sweetney and Frank Williams. Already exhausted on this board.

Pacers
Harrington + Fred Jones + Pollard/Croshere + filler

·
Schilster Supreme
13,610 Posts
I like the Memphis Idea, but I doubt anyone would reunite thte wondertwins at this point, unless they are trying to get Kobe next year and are going to tank next.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
The Nets deal can't happen unless Nash never wants to be taken seriously again. Sheed is a cancer but Kmart isn't? :rolleyes:

I don't think that Tim wants to share any court with Sheed, Tim knows that Sheed has issues that could take away from the good chemistry they have. Tim has all the say in that deal.

Non of these deals really make us better, so why do them? Are we going to win more games with any of these?

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
Darko and/or Okur, filled out with some combination of Sura, Rebracca and Campbell
I like this deal alot, but no way does Detroit trade Darko, we should aim at Okur or Prince and the 2 1st round draft picks.

Gasol or Swift with JWeed and Battier, plus filler (Outlaw? no jokes please)
I would love to get Gasol+Bettier...this is brobably my favorite trade option right now, but whould Memphis do it?

Nesterovic, Mercer and change (Bowen, Turkoglu, Horry?).
I hate this. We would be handing the Spurs thechampionship and loose cap room on Rasho's overpaid ***.

KMart + Kittles + filler
I usta like this trade, but dude to K-Marts contract situation and his recklessness on court i would say no.

Jamison + about 19M in salary. Jamison and Steve Nash would work, but Dallas won’t do that. Jamison and Fortson works, but long term money involved. Would require draft picks from Dallas at least.
Ewww. Jamison i cant stand. Long contract, no D...IMO he isnt that much better than KVH. Fortson just makes the cap worse. No to this one.

Nachbar, Cato, Padget (Yao and Franchise aren’t going anywhere) is all that is likely available and still doesn’t come close to enough to match salary-wise. Third team required.
Id rather do NT trade than thiws one and i hate the NY trade. Absolutley horrible in all aspects for the blazers.

KVH, Sweetney and Frank Williams.
I dont want VAn Horn, but if a 3 way with cleveland can be worked out where we get Z, Sweetney and Fank Williams i would jump all over it.

Harrington + Fred Jones + Pollard/Croshere + filler
I actually kinda like thi one. If the filler was Bender and it was Pollard not crosuere and Indy included their 2004 1st rounder i would think about it...

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by <b>Schilly</b>!
I doubt anyone would reunite the wondertwins at this point,
I don't get it. :confused:

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by <b>Siouxperior</b>!
Are these Vesceys ideas or yours?
The teams came from Vescey. There isn't much mystery or choice as to who the players are.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
"Grizzlies,
Gasol or Swift with JWeed and Battier, plus filler (Outlaw? no jokes please)"

Gasol+JWilliams+Battier

This is a fantastic deal for the blazers imho. Though it makes me wonder how williams would do under "a player's coach"...

... and after checking his contract, it's not that fantastic. $6-9M through 2007/8.

·
_(&#12484;)_&#3626;&#3657;&#3657;&#3657;&#3657;&#3
28,008 Posts
Vescey apparently knows nothing about Memphis because that's a horrible trade for the Grizzlies. And like we want to bring together Wells with Wallace again. No thank you.

·
Registered
6,107 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Reep</b>!

I don't get it. :confused:
I think Schilly was saying West wouldn't reunite Wallace and Wells.

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
Actually, I wouldn't mind getting Al Harrington as the key to a Rasheed Wallace deal. He would be an excellent match for ZR at the forward spots.

The thing is that Harrington doesn't make NEARLY enough, filler is needed. Croshere + F. Jones + Harrington works according to RealGM, but Croshere's contract is ugly.

I guess Jones + Pollard + Harrington + Bender works, but I can't imagine the Pacers would be willing to give up both Harrington and Bender (even though Bender has done diddly squat).

I seriously doubt Memphis would make a move for Rasheed, and the Rockets, Spurs and Sonics won't part with anything interesting enough to make a move with them.

Detroit is my first choice, but I don't see the Blazers getting Darko nor clearing enough space to be able to re-sign Mehmet... I guess Mehmet + Davis + Hunter + Rebracca + Sura (all expiring contracts) could work, but I don't know if Detroit would be interested... for Portland, if they got some first rounders and they wanted to punt this season anyway, it might be worth moving Rasheed for that package and taking a chance on Mehmet and the picks.

Taking Jamison back for Rasheed is not an option, as far as I am concerned. He has massive holes in his game and he's paid like few other players on a long term deal.

Here's my order of preference for Nash at this point (markedly different than at the beginning of the year):

1. Get a superstar on a long-term deal (like the Sonics got Ray Allen)
2. Get a young superprospect (like Darko) even if we need to take garbage contracts back with him
3. Re-sign Rasheed this summer
4. Trade Rasheed for a good pick and short contracts
5. Trade Rasheed for lesser picks and short contracts
6. Let Rasheed walk
7. Trade Rasheed for a good pick and garbage contracts
8. Trade Rasheed for lesser picks and garbage contracts

Whether it's a sign-and-trade or a pre-deadline deal doesn't matter to me at this point.

I think the NY trade ideas (with KVH) are in between 7 and 8. I think the NJ idea (with Martin) is between 6 and 7.

I'd put my Harrington + Bender idea (above) at between a 2 and a 3... I'd do that deal today if it were available.

I think that my Mehmet idea (above) is somewhere between 3 and 4... but would move to between 2 and 3 if Portland could move another contract or two for additional cap space this summer (helping ensure we could keep Okur).

Let's hope that Vecsey IS right here, and Portland has some options that make it worthwhile to trade Rasheed... because if there aren't, he might make a bad trade or he might just let Rasheed walk which would hurt the team's talent level quite a bit and set back any retooling effort we're undergoing.

Ed O.

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
I agree with Ed O. that Al Harrington would do great on the Blazers. He would be a great compliment to Zach. Al is great at slashing to the hoop and hitting mid ranged jump ****s. He is a great rebounder and decent defender too.

If we could swing a Harrington+Bender+filler trade for Wallace i say go for it..

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
I still like a three way NJ-Memphis-Portland deal

principal players
Memphis get Martin + some filler from NJ + maybe a player from Portland ... Q?
NJ gets Sheed
Portland gets SG Kittles and Memphis players.. maybe SF Mike Miller and Battier

I had run it through the trade checker in the past.. but did not right now.. back to work I go

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
Kittles is a pretty good shooter

and it was MILLER AND Battier + Kittles

all could perform a role on the team

1 - 17 of 17 Posts