Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

If We Had Not Made The Trade..

336 views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  Sliccat 
#1 ·
Where do you think we would be? The same spot, higher, or lower. How do you think we would have been if we hadnt made the moves we did?

#2 ·
The team is better off with CWebb in my eyes. I know he isn't doing anything right now but if Philly makes the playoffs they will be a danger because they will have two stars that could get hot and beat almost anyone.

#3 ·
Record wise it'd be about the same, but I think we're a better team after the trade. If Webber has helped out some of the players on this team already, expect what it'll be like next year when they have the offseason to get used to him.

#5 ·
PhillyPhanatic said:
Record wise it'd be about the same, but I think we're a better team after the trade. If Webber has helped out some of the players on this team already, expect what it'll be like next year when they have the offseason to get used to him.
Its great watching him talk to Dalembert during the games. I hope Dalembert listens.

#6 ·
Webber will get his stuff back, he just needs time to get used to playing with his new knee. Once he figures out how to play with AI, the 76ers will be the best team in the Atlantic.

#7 ·
Even though they're probably a first round exit, I don't like the whole next year thinking. Next year AI will be 30. I hate to be pessimistic, especially since AI is my favorite person I've never met, but we may be watching his last gasp.

And the Webber trade was good, but only because it got rid of Corliss Williamson, and got a jump shooter at PF, which KT wasn't. Of course that wouldn't be a problem if Obie... never mind, we all know.

#8 ·
Record wise I think we would be about the same. Talent wise wise we are still better off with him and it boosts team morale too. We used to complain all the time about Skinner and Thomas and Williamson, but now we really can't complain as much becuase Webber is an accomplished player.

#9 ·
Kunlun said:
Record wise I think we would be about the same. Talent wise wise we are still better off with him and it boosts team morale too. We used to complain all the time about Skinner and Thomas and Williamson, but now we really can't complain as much becuase Webber is an accomplished player.
Well now some complain because Skinner and Thomas are producing.

Ah well i like what we did.

#12 ·
Record wise we are about the same

But the addition of Webber has at least made us more of a threat in some teams eyes which might in a way help out the team abit. ie. Less pressure on AI. We still havent seen this happen YET.

Hopefully Webber will adjust to the sixers offense and D as well.

IF we had a different coach, I think it Webber will be more of a factor than O'Brien.

#13 ·
Remember O'Brien was a fan of A Walker's shooting from the point forward postion. C Webb could assume that type of role once he starts getting in game shape. His range isn't to the 3 point line but he can shoot from 18 feet in very well.

#14 ·
I pretty much agree with everyone here, we are better off with the trade. C-Webb has also helped with the young players, and is fond of Dalembert. He also hates Jim O'Brien, and thats a plus in my book :greatjob:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.