Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I DO NOT want Wally Szczerbiak. IMO he's a selfish, one-dimensonal ballhog who would destroy our team chemistry. I would also like to say that I'm a Crawford supporter, and would ideally like to see him stay and play the 2 with Trent. That being said, if worst comes to worst and JC has got to go, here's a few deals that I'd find acceptable:

-JC straight up for either Artest or Harrington- their contracts are about equal, filler could be added as needed. Basically, we've got a surplus of offense and a logjam at the point, while Indy has a dearth of offense and a logjam at the 2-3. Word is that they are not sold on Tinsley and woud like to trade him or make him a 6th man ala Travis Best. Ron-ron and Al are the two best wing defenders anywhere, and of the two, Harrington;s got better offensive potential. However, Indy proabbly will be more willing to part with Artest; plus i like his touighnesss and husstle better, and he already knows the offense, coach, and team pretty well. Jk said at the time of the Rose trade that he'd like to see Ron back one day.........

-This one's a bit out there, and would have to wait till the trade deadline cause Ham just signed:
Atlanta trades: SF Darvin Ham (4.3 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 1.0 apg in 17.3 minutes)
PF Alan Henderson (5.5 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 0.4 apg in 16.2 minutes)
C Nazr Mohammed (9.7 ppg, 7.9 rpg, 0.4 apg in 26.4 minutes)
Atlanta receives: C Dalibor Bagaric (3.7 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 0.5 apg in 12.8 minutes)
PG Jamal Crawford (9.3 ppg, 1.5 rpg, 2.4 apg in 20.9 minutes)
PF Marcus Fizer (12.3 ppg, 5.6 rpg, 1.6 apg in 25.8 minutes)
SF Eddie Robinson (9.0 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 1.3 apg in 22.5 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +14.8 ppg, -1.5 rpg, and +4.0 apg.

Chicago trades: C Dalibor Bagaric (3.7 ppg, 3.2 rpg, 0.5 apg in 12.8 minutes)
PG Jamal Crawford (9.3 ppg, 1.5 rpg, 2.4 apg in 20.9 minutes)
PF Marcus Fizer (12.3 ppg, 5.6 rpg, 1.6 apg in 25.8 minutes)
SF Eddie Robinson (9.0 ppg, 2.7 rpg, 1.3 apg in 22.5 minutes)
Chicago receives: SF Darvin Ham (4.3 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 1.0 apg in 70 games)
PF Alan Henderson (5.5 ppg, 3.7 rpg, 0.4 apg in 26 games)
C Nazr Mohammed
Atlanta exchanges Henderson's contract for a slightly smaller poison pill in E-Rob, and gets an oversized pg to make up for their undersized sg (Terry). Ham replaces Erobs hops if not his scoring, and we stack up on quality big men- having three skilled 7-footers like Tyson, Eddy and Nazr (who is expendable for ATL cause of Ratliff's impending return) would be scary!

-This last one is sort of unlikely and i have no idea how the cap details would be worked out (perhaps a third team could be involved) but I'd love to see Bonzi in a Bulls uni. His size, defense, range, toughness, and post-up ability would make him the ideal plyare to round out our starting lineup. Like Artest he's a bit of a hothead, but i think every team needs one guy like that, as long as he's not your go-to guy.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
i think those trade/s are horrible but i agree about wally, he dosent bring anything we really need, i have no idea why many advocate this guy, we need.....

1.defense
2.rebounding
3.shooting
--------------------------
4.ball handling/passing

our rebounding should improve as tyson and eddy mature, but we still need defense on the wing and if we're going to get a shooter like wally, we might as well get one who is a prolific 3- point shooter, not just a good 3-point shooter, sure wally has a noce %, but he dosent take alot of 3-point shots for a top 2 option on a team like a ray allen, peja, nash etc... sure walla was an all star, but so was anthony mason who had a lesser season then elton brand at the time but mason was on a winning team so he was chosen, same with wally, shawn marion is a better overall player but wally made the team based on team record, thats why i dont put much stock into walla's all star status

we could go for turkoglu, james posey or al harrington instead of overpaying for wally, if we want artest, we should make him our #1 target this offseason and offer him the midlevel

btw

where did you read krause say he would like to see ron back one day? and how did you know he meant artest or mercer?

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
I remember the statement by JK in reference to Artest....

.and I too would love to have em' back. I would trade Craw for em....at this point, not convince we need to get rid of Marcus...EROB...? well, he has yet to prove ANYTHING or ANY of his worth 2 ME! I feel as most do concerning Dali...bye bye...

I know it was one game(and my first preseason game to view), however, I was not impressed by Jamal or Jay against the clips. It is tough to make a call concerning any Bulls player when you do not have the "anticipated" starting lineup out there nightly...ya know?

PG - Williams/Crawford
SG - Rose/Hassell
SF - Marshall/EROB
PF - Chandler/Fizer OR Baxter???
C - Curry sure sucked against clips(1 pt in 14 minutes?)

Not sure Indy would even trade artest for crawford and not really convinced they are disenchanted with Tinsley...:no:

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I bet Indy would do it for a talent like Crawford, especially in light of Artest's recent problems with the law and the fact that he and harrington are basically the same player. I forget where (i think it was ESPN th mag), but I read that soon after their exit from the playoffs, Indy began trade talks involving Tinsley and one or two of their young swingmen for a better pg. Something about his shot mechanics, defense, and decision making, and how they feel that in this day and age you need a pg who can shoot the ball, especially on an offensivley challenged team like Indy (they're gonna be ugly once Reggie retires).
we could go for turkoglu, james posey or al harrington instead of overpaying for wally, if we want artest, we should make him our #1 target this offseason and offer him the midlevel
Great ideas, but Artest probably won't be an F.A. until the offseason after next, and i feel that's a bit long to wait.

where did you read krause say he would like to see ron back one day? and how did you know he meant artest or mercer?
He said it in the press conference following the trade- he said that Artest was the reason that the trade almost didn't get done and that he'd love to see him back in a Bulls unfiorm someday. And yes, I'm positive he meant Artest and not Mercer.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
thatks for the valueble info.

why do you think everyone has come up with conclusions that jerry wouldnt try to get artest back on the bulls in a million years? well at least thats what it sounds like IMHO

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have no idea why people think- i guess some thought he was traded because he was too intense or something. I think his intensity is sorely missed on this team. Tyson's the only guy who really plays with aggression now, and that's not all bad because you don't want your go-to scorers like Rose and Williams playing out of control. But I think we'd be way better off with one more guy like Artest.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
i think ron is a free agent THIS coming summer, im almost positive, i remember his name being among the pacers who will be free agents next summer

·
Registered
6,909 Posts
Yes, he will be... but also remember that the Pacers will be in a severe crunch financially.

This year is the make or break year for many Pacers and thier respective futures because they will have several guys who will want nice contracts.

·
Registered
273 Posts
wow i would be so happy to have artest back, i mean at the time of the trade i wanted rose but not at the expense of artest, he was my favorite bull. but now if we could have both it would be just amazing.

does everyone else realize how great it could be? i mean the twins developing into forces. chandler and artest being virtual lockdowns on the stars. rose being the savvy veteran and giving his part. and last but not least JWill tearing it up and breaking the ankles of every defender that comes near him!!!! man!!!!! this would be too sweet!!!!

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
artest is the missing link for our team

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I agree totally, Johnny Bravisimo. I felt the same way as Johnjo when he was traded- i really didn't want the trade to happen cause of him. I have since decided that what Jalen brings to the table was worth the sacrifice, but I still think that Artest would be the perfect player to fill that final slot in our starting lineup.

·
Is not afraid of shadows!
5,094 Posts
But you contradict yourself...

Originally posted by <b>JOHNNY_BRAVisimO</b>!
i think those trade/s are horrible but i agree about wally, he dosent bring anything we really need, i have no idea why many advocate this guy, we need.....

1.defense
2.rebounding
3.shooting
--------------------------
4.ball handling/passing
NBA.com provides the following:

Wally

18.7 points
4.8 rebounds
3.1 assists
38 minutes

Crawdad

9.3 points
1.5 rebounds
2.4 assists
21 minutes

Even if you double Crawdad's stats along with his minutes (a risky proposition), Wally is still the better per minute scorer and rebounder. Wally wins scoring in both points and % (Wally .508 , Crawdad .476). Handles? Wally's career TOs are 1.7, Crawdad's are 1.39 -- With Wally in the game twice as long and scoring twice as often.

So there we see that Wally is better at #2 - rebounding, #3 - shooting, and #4 - handling/passing. Are you really trying to argue that Crawford is a better defender than Wally? So how is trading Crawford for Wally not improving us in the areas you listed?

BTW -- for more info on Wally's "D" compared to the league, follow this link.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.