Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
4,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We will be out in 1st round in probably 6.

Tinsley/Jackson/Peja/O'Neal/Granger/Harrison/Fred Jones/That european rookie, great coach

this is no 6th seed.

they down 7 to pistons now and could be a wiz 1.5 lead for 5th seed.

if we play wiz that would own

· Registered
6,449 Posts
Why are people so optimistic that we can beat either Detroit & Miami but are worried about Indiana. I know they can be a tough & scary 1st Round opponent but they haven't been healthy all season. They don't have chemistry w/ all their parts playing together. I think we'll be able to beat them.

· Registered
6,449 Posts
Why are people so optimistic that we can beat either Detroit & Miami but are worried about Indiana? I know they can be a tough & scary 1st Round opponent but they haven't been healthy all season. They don't have chemistry w/ all their parts playing together. I think we'll be able to beat them.

· Registered
2,982 Posts
Anybody we play in the first round is gonna be tough because there is a pretty good amount of talent on every squad in the EC playoff picture. Washington or Indiana both can get some wins on us but I don't see any reason we can't defeat both teams. It's all a question of how badly our guys want to win, when they show up with the mindset of kill or be killed we are one of the deadliest teams around but when they don't we can be beaten by just about anybody in the playoffs. We hold our own destiny.

· Registered
5,515 Posts
We can beat them...I'm worried of Indiana because they can be dangerous if their parts work together...but for now, I'm confident that the NETS can OWN THEM!

· Registered
16,528 Posts
I don't want to play New Jersey. Too many good players to worry about, especially since Tinsley, Jasikevicius, and Peja can't play defense, and Jackson might not if he doesn't feel like it. Not to mention Freddie Jones can't do anything with his thumb injury. How about Washington dropping to 6, then we can worry about containing LeBron and Cleveland? Actually, Jackson and AJ normally play well against the Nets, so that could turn out okay.

· Registered
10,131 Posts
Pacers Fan said:
I don't want to play New Jersey. Too many good players to worry about, especially since Tinsley, Jasikevicius, and Peja can't play defense, and Jackson might not if he doesn't feel like it. Not to mention Freddie Jones can't do anything with his thumb injury. How about Washington dropping to 6, then we can worry about containing LeBron and Cleveland? Actually, Jackson and AJ normally play well against the Nets, so that could turn out okay.
Yes, facing the Cavaliers in the first round would be the best case scenerio for either the pacers or nets. Cleveland just doesnt have the experience in the post season to beat any of the top 6 teams in the conference in a 7 game series. The playoffs are a whole different animal compared to the regular season.

· Registered
1,224 Posts
I think the X factor for the pacers is Granger, while ours is Krstic. The Pacers have two allstars in JO and Peja but they haven't really played together. I think RJ can give Peja some trouble becaues he is not the quickest guy in the world, and his release on his shot is quick but not Ray Allen like. So I see RJ matching up pretty well defensively against him. It will be a committe defensive effort for the nets bigs against JO. So he might burn the nets. Vince and JKidd clearly hold the edge in the backcourt. Anthony Johnson plays well against smaller guards and JKidd is a big guard. The pacers though, have a better bench with Granger and Jones. But if our bench can play the way they have, then it shouldn't be too big a problem. In all, I think the nets should win in 6 because our big three can simply blow by the slower Indiana perimeter players.

· Registered
1,164 Posts
Carter15Nets said:
We will be out in 1st round in probably 6.

Tinsley/Jackson/Peja/O'Neal/Granger/Harrison/Fred Jones/That european rookie, great coach

this is no 6th seed.

they down 7 to pistons now and could be a wiz 1.5 lead for 5th seed.

if we play wiz that would own
i dont know why youre saying "we" since your not a nets fan

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.