Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If we really want to give our kids the best chance:

* Davis to Dallas for Jamison The Mavs get a muscle man and a salary dump.

* Pippen to Detroit for Atkins and Ham The Pistons were one of the few teams that expressed interest in Pip. They're short at the 3 and he could help them for the playoff stretch. Losing Atkins for Pip gives them salary relief

* Fizer, Blount, Gill to Phoenix for Jahidi White and either Joe Johnson (unlikely) or Casey Jacobsen (more likely)Salary dump for the Suns, who want to be able to offer a maximum contract to someone this summer and need to move White or Marion to do it. JJ or CJ is the price to get the expiring deal.

* ERob and Brunson to Indiana for Austin Croshere Salary dump for the Pacers

---------------------------

1- Kirk, Atkins, Jay (IR)
2- Crawford, Jacobson
3- Jamison, Dupree, Ham, Jeffries (IR)
4- Croshere, JYD, Chandler (IR)
5- Curry, Jahidi

Does that make us any better? Well... I dunno. Younger... certainly. Jamison would definitely help. Jacobson would be a peice of the puzzle as a three point shooter. Croshere isn't a total bum, just overpaid. His shooting range would be a nice complement to Curry or Chandler at the 5. We'd win a few more games, especially if Chandler came back healthy.

And that's the key... if we win more, then we wouldn't have the same level of pressure to dump the kids.

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Re: If we really want to give our kids the best chance:

Originally posted by <b>Mikedc</b>!

* Pippen to Detroit for Atkins and Ham The Pistons were one of the few teams that expressed interest in Pip. They're short at the 3 and he could help them for the playoff stretch. Losing Atkins for Pip gives them salary relief

* Fizer, Blount, Gill to Phoenix for Jahidi White and either Joe Johnson (unlikely) or Casey Jacobsen (more likely)Salary dump for the Suns, who want to be able to offer a maximum contract to someone this summer and need to move White or Marion to do it. JJ or CJ is the price to get the expiring deal.

* ERob and Brunson to Indiana for Austin Croshere Salary dump for the Pacers

---------------------------

1- Kirk, Atkins, Jay (IR)
2- Crawford, Jacobson
3- Jamison, Dupree, Ham, Jeffries (IR)
4- Croshere, JYD, Chandler (IR)
5- Curry, Jahidi

Does that make us any better? Well... I dunno. Younger... certainly. Jamison would definitely help. Jacobson would be a peice of the puzzle as a three point shooter. Croshere isn't a total bum, just overpaid. His shooting range would be a nice complement to Curry or Chandler at the 5. We'd win a few more games, especially if Chandler came back healthy.

And that's the key... if we win more, then we wouldn't have the same level of pressure to dump the kids.
THAT sounds like something the Bulls should be looking into doing. IMO, it makes more sense to surround the core with better vets rather than trade them all.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Wow, I like it, I like it! My question is: what's the resulting salary structure? How many more years and how much for Croshere, White, Jamason? I presume Antwan is maxed out.

Will that leave us heavily in to the salary tax range?

·
Registered
87 Posts
i like all those trade ideas.

Kinda off topic but...if the Bulls were to draft Okafor do you think we could move Tyson to the SF position? Bulls would have 2 outside shooters, streaky but still can hit the outside shots (Craw, Hinrich), 2 Inside scorers (Okafor, Curry) 2 guys who can rebound and block shots (Okafor, Chandler) do you think this could work or would Chandler be too slow to guard the other teams SF and either Curry or Chandler have to be traded?

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
Re: If we really want to give our kids the best chance:

Originally posted by <b>Mikedc</b>!
this one is not going to happen. When Cuban was aked about this before(the same day u heard of the chicago and toronto rumor), cuban "hell no"......why would he change his mind now...the other 2 u said are possible, but this one certainly isnt

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Infamous 210</b>!
i like all those trade ideas.

Kinda off topic but...if the Bulls were to draft Okafor do you think we could move Tyson to the SF position? Bulls would have 2 outside shooters, streaky but still can hit the outside shots (Craw, Hinrich), 2 Inside scorers (Okafor, Curry) 2 guys who can rebound and block shots (Okafor, Chandler) do you think this could work or would Chandler be too slow to guard the other teams SF and either Curry or Chandler have to be traded?
The short answer is no. Chandler cannot play sf, he does not have the lateral quickness or footspeed to guard faster 3's. Nor does he have a great reliable outside shot. Besides, his strengths are rebounding and blocking shots, if you move him away from the basket you negate that.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Unfortunatly I think Sam Smith has made sure that Cuban will never deal with Chicago. Mark C was on Mike and Mike ripping on Sam Smith. I doubt he'd ever make a trade w/ Chicago at this point.

Thanks Sam!

I don't know if it was posted here but in one of Sam's articles he blasted the Mavs for their record and the way the team was run. Cuban responded in some article on-line or otherwise saying that Smith was a moron etc. Apparantly he's still carrying that grudge as recently as a few hours ago.

I'm glad our sports writers are burning bridges for the franchise. Davis for Jamison would be awesome.

·
Registered
17,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by <b>Lizzy</b>!
Unfortunatly I think Sam Smith has made sure that Cuban will never deal with Chicago. Mark C was on Mike and Mike ripping on Sam Smith. I doubt he'd ever make a trade w/ Chicago at this point.

Thanks Sam!

I don't know if it was posted here but in one of Sam's articles he blasted the Mavs for their record and the way the team was run. Cuban responded in some article on-line or otherwise saying that Smith was a moron etc. Apparantly he's still carrying that grudge as recently as a few hours ago.

I'm glad our sports writers are burning bridges for the franchise. Davis for Jamison would be awesome.
While this is interesting, I don't see how Cuban wouldn't deal with the Bulls just because he doesn't like the Chicago Tribune's NBA columnist. Smith writes for ESPN too... I doubt Cuban's going to boycott them.

I didn't know he said that about an AD/Jamison trade though, so that throws my plan into some disarray (although I wouldn't take Cuban at his word either... ask in ten minutes and his answer might change).

I guess there are a couple of ways they could be induced to make the deal... say, we could swap ERob for Tariq Abdul-Wahad, or we could ask for less than Jamison... say AD for Abdul-Wahad, Bradley, Najera, and Josh Howard. That'd give us a really nice player in Howard and a bunch of overpaid guys (although Bradley and Najera aren't really that overpaid, they just have contracts that are too long). Abdul-Wahad's contract is an abomination though. I know the Mavs like Howard, but the chance at getting a banger like Davis and dumping a couple of long-term deals might be tempting for the Mavs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts