Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Retired From The Beat
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys, if we're talking with Golden State then there's two guys that I would like to get in a deal from them. There's no way I would do the trade for just Van Exel and Dampier, but if they were to throw in Dunleavy and Pietrus as well I would go for it.

So....

Wallace and Person go to Golden State

Van Exel, Dampier, Dunleavy, and Pietrus to Portland.

It works on Realgm. I say make it happen. It helps our immediate and it also helps our future with Dunleavy and Pietrus.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
I'd rather go for their 04 #1.

Stockpile the picks, and package them all on draft night to move up. (Emeka Okafor:grinning: )

·
Registered
392 Posts
Originally posted by <b>NateBishop3</b>!
Ok guys, if we're talking with Golden State then there's two guys that I would like to get in a deal from them. There's no way I would do the trade for just Van Exel and Dampier, but if they were to throw in Dunleavy and Pietrus as well I would go for it.

So....

Wallace and Person go to Golden State

Van Exel, Dampier, Dunleavy, and Pietrus to Portland.

It works on Realgm. I say make it happen. It helps our immediate and it also helps our future with Dunleavy and Pietrus.
I doght Golden State would give up Dunleavey........ because he has played so much better this year and is developing to be really good........... also pietrus, They mite want to keep him to see what he can do............ That is just my opinion

·
Retired From The Beat
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
here's my thinking....

I would think GS would be more likely to trade Dunleavy and Pietrus than they would Dampier right now.

Van Exel is obsolete with the immergence of Speedy Claxton.

Drafting Pietrus was questioned by everyone, and the pick still doesn't make sense. Richardson is still really young, and he's consistently put up better numbers every year. Pietrus is redundant.

Dunleavy would be a hard sell, but cap space is the bargaining chip. If you removed Van Exel and Dampier from their roster they would have a TON of cap space this offseason. That would give them a shot at this summer's free agent crop. If you put a super star on this squad they would be pretty imposing.

Claxton
Richardson
Murphy
Wallace
Robinson

would be their lineup right now.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Originally posted by <b>NateBishop3</b>!
Drafting Pietrus was questioned by everyone, and the pick still doesn't make sense. Richardson is still really young, and he's consistently put up better numbers every year. Pietrus is redundant.
Is Pietrus playing in the EuroLeague or is he with Golden States? I remember some people compared his game to Richardson's game. I wouldn't mind having a Richardson clone.

·
Retired From The Beat
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
he's not really a Richardson clone. Richardson is a better shooter. Pietrus is considered a solid defender.

Pietrus is on GS roster right now. He just doesn't get much playing time.

·
mere fan
6,553 Posts
Pietrus can really get up, maybe even better then the two time reining dunk champ. His J is sort of scattershot, so he pours his considerable athletism into defense and hustle. I don't see any problem with having him as one of the backups to JR and Junior (is that who was being refered to as Duds earlier in this thread?) as he's got a ways to go IMO. His being drafted by GS might be to hedge the possibility that the Warriors are contemplating letting Richardson walk in a couple of seasons when his deal is up. He's had a few red flares go off in the character department, so maybe they want to part ways or at least not be backed into overpaying for him when it comes time to negotiate.

STOMP

·
Registered
9,819 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Siouxperior</b>!
I'd rather go for their 04 #1.

Stockpile the picks, and package them all on draft night to move up. (Emeka Okafor:grinning: )
I don't think we need another 6'9" center.

·
Top Of The Pops
27,472 Posts
Let's get pick #1 the year Sebastian Telfair comes out...perhaps draft 2005. Or maybe 2006.

While we're ordering things up. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts