Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Welcome to the Grindhouse!
19,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...it will be a sham IMO.

In a year with so much on the court and statistical domination, Yao Ming should not even be considered for All NBA 1st team. I mean there has to be some standards. Either your team should be dominant or your stats should be. 22/10 is very good but it is not dominant enough IMO to overcome a 35-37 win team regardless of their injury situation.

·
Premium Member
21,860 Posts
I'm tired of players not getting the respect they deserve because they're not on a good team. Like Kobe not getting the MVP because his team takes it up the rear, and now this. 22/10 is VERY dominant. He's playing the best he's ever played and deserves to be on the all NBA team with those stats...even if his team isn't doing as well as he is. That doesn't mean HE isn't a good player. That's why they give away INDIVIDUAL awards...

·
Registered
54 Posts
MemphisX said:

In a year with so much on the court and statistical domination, Yao Ming should not even be considered for All NBA 1st team. I mean there has to be some standards. Either your team should be dominant or your stats should be. 22/10 is very good but it is not dominant enough IMO to overcome a 35-37 win team regardless of their injury situation.
22/10 is not very dominant? At this point, he is the only 1 22/10 guy in the whole NBA!!!

·
Premium Member
21,860 Posts

·
Registered
14,162 Posts
MemphisX said:

So... Who would get the nod at C? Pau Gasol?

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
MemphisX said:

you could've easily said..."Pau should make 1st team all nba at the center position".

There was no need bring up Yao....if you hadn't most would've probably agreed with you

·
Registered
3,810 Posts
MemphisX said:

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. What does the win count have to do with him? It's his fault his team and him were injured all around?

·
Elite Member
15,150 Posts
Shaq has had a better year since he picked it up. But who knows when Shaq will play again with his current knee problem.

Yao can make a great case for 1st team All NBA this year now that Shaq is declining, and he's certainly better than Pau Gasol has ever been in his entire career. How the hell can that be in question?

·
Kardashian Cursed
12,416 Posts
MemphisX said:

Get real homer.. Name one center this year as dominant as yao has...Name ONE

Seriously... Heck look at my sig.

·
_(ツ)_ส้้้้&#3
27,987 Posts
PauloCatarino said:
So... Who would get the nod at C? Pau Gasol?
I don't see why not. 20/9/4.5 on a team 10 games over .500 is just as impressive to me as 22/10/2 on a team that has Tracy McGrady and still couldn't do diddly squat this year.

Actually, probably more so.

That said, I fully expect the well-marketed Yao to ring up an All-NBA First Team award.

1 - 20 of 109 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.