Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Which one would you like to achieve???

• Win an MVP award?

Votes: 8 10.7%
  • Win the ROY, Defensive Player of the year & a member of the all NBA 1st team at the same time?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Win an olympic gold medal as a member of the Dream Team?

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Break all of Wilt Chamberlain's scoring records (including 100 pts. in a game)?

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • Win the slam dunk, 3-pts, skills challenge & all-star MVP at the same time?

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • average a triple-double for the entire season (including play-offs)?

Votes: 14 18.7%
  • Win an NBA championship?

Votes: 38 50.7%
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Poll is now up! :) Personally, I'd like to win an NBA championship.

·
Registered
306 Posts
average a triple-double for the entire season (including play-offs)

If you can average a triple double for the entire season, it's likely you would win the MVP, ROY (if you're a rookie), NBA 1st team, win an olympic gold medal as a member of the Dream Team (assuming you're american and it's the year of a summer olympics), and have a good chance at the NBA championship as long as your team has a decent supporting cast

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
nba champion or dream team

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
Julo said:
average a triple-double for the entire season (including play-offs)

If you can average a triple double for the entire season, it's likely you would win the MVP, ROY (if you're a rookie), NBA 1st team, win an olympic gold medal as a member of the Dream Team (assuming you're american and it's the year of a summer olympics), and have a good chance at the NBA championship as long as your team has a decent supporting cast
like the way u think

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Well, call me selfish or what but I chose to break Wilt's scoring record including the 100 pt game.

Imagine, a rookie, and just playing for one season would be the one to tore down Wilt and top his 100 point game which would be impossible in today's level of basketball.

But I guess many would be more fulfilled with winning a championship, but what I chose would definitely paste me in the record books!

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
You wont instantly win an MVP award if you averaged a triple double for the season. ROY, yeah you could. But not instantly MVP. Many factors are to be considered.

1) What if you managed to average a mini triple double? SOmething like 12-11-10?

2) If your team's sucking, winning the MVP would be a longshot

3) nice attempt though

·
Registered
30,287 Posts
Break all of wilts scoring records.

I have a feeling if I break his career number in one season (31419) I have a good chance at an NBA Championship, Rookie of the Year, MVP, All NBA First Team etc.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
I'd like to be Allen Iverson for one season.

I'd be able to build brick houses for 100's of homeless families and still be considered an MVP candidate. What's not to like about that?

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Malnutritious said:
I would be happy just to be in the NBA.
:biggrin:
Yup. Groupies at the hotel every night as well. :biggrin:

But out of that poll, I would want an NBA championship most.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Play with Manu Ginobili :biggrin: And that woul mean also win a championship :banana:

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Playing with Manu doesnt mean an instant championship.

Fact: he is wildly inconsistent
Fact: he is a team player
Fact: he should be in a superior team with the spurs so that the defense wouldnt give him much of attention
Fact: Duncan is a human magnet

put Ginobili in the Bobcats or in Hawks and let's see what happens

:banana:

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Win the championship!

the other things seem to unrealistic!

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
I chose to break all the scoring records. Even if I don't win the championship I will forever be remembered in the game of basketball and fifty or even a hundred years after I retire people will still be speaking my name in awe of my stats. Even without a ring I would be in discussions of the greatest player ever. Winning a championship would be my second choice, but if you win it without really contributing you won't be remembered. If I play I want to be remembered and respected for a long long time.

·
Kwisatz Haderach
31,773 Posts
I'd collect a paycheck, and just be a character in interviews. Off of that one year in the NBA, I'd be a talking head on ESPN making good money and people would remember me over players who were ten times the player I was just because I'm on their TV every night.

·
Registered
6,651 Posts
Baron Davis said:
Yup. Groupies at the hotel every night as well. :biggrin:
You'll love that idea until one of them charges you with rape. :biggrin:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts