Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
I like him, but his contract is ridiculous.

·
_(ツ)_ส้้้้&#3
28,008 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Zuca</b>!
I like him, but I doubt that the Grizzlies fans would want him... especially with his fat contract...
It's not so much his contract that gets me as his style of play, which would interfere with Pau. I'd like some guy that stays his butt in the paint and beats people around. Raef does the opposite of this, lollygagging around the perimeter.

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I liked him in Denver actually. I just dont think he was what Dallas needed. But he does offer around 7 rebs a game and 2.15 blocks on his career. He can post as well as shoot from the outside. Probably take a sign and trade with swift and mike millers contract to do it. I dont know if it would work with Bonzi. I've kinda thought Mike Miller might be the odd man out in Memphis. But it sounds like the fans think its Wells.

I think the good news with him is he can stay out of the way of Gasol and still be effective.

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
NO THANX. It's either legit big man or nothing. I don't want this guy at all.

Hello? Gasol, Wright, Swift, heck even Big Jake with his size, is more valuable and servicable enough than some overpaid scrub X_X

·
Welcome to the Grindhouse!
19,803 Posts
However, if we could get Raef AND keep Swift and Gasol then I am all for it.

Maybe Raef and Michael Stewart for Wright and Bo Outlaw

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
Originally posted by <b>MemphisX</b>!
However, if we could get Raef AND keep Swift and Gasol then I am all for it.

Maybe Raef and Michael Stewart for Wright and Bo Outlaw
No, Wright is way better than Raef. Raef's contract is even worse than Wright's, but Wright is a much tougher player. With Gasol still a couple years away from his prime and Swift being undersized, last thing we need is lose even more toughness up front.

·
Welcome to the Grindhouse!
19,803 Posts
Originally posted by <b>nbanoitall</b>!

Nevermind this conversation seriously went downhill fast. I dont think you guys would want to compensate Boston well enough anyways. Lafrentz>>>>>Pollard
...and a healthy Lafrentz is better than Lorenzen Wright. Instead of having Ren in the paint having J Wills passes bounce off his stone hands, Lafrentz with Cardinal, Mike Miller and Jwill would allow Pau to have plenty of room to operate on the interior.

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by <b>MemphisX</b>!

...and a healthy Lafrentz is better than Lorenzen Wright. Instead of having Ren in the paint having J Wills passes bounce off his stone hands, Lafrentz with Cardinal, Mike Miller and Jwill would allow Pau to have plenty of room to operate on the interior.
Coach MemphisX understands a good offense.

Big Men dont come cheap. I think it would be a big pickup. But you gotta give something up. I guess I think a trade is possible.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts