Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this question at insidehoops and got some good responses, so figured it might be a nice topic for here too:

If you had the opportunity to beat sense into an NBA player, coach, or anyone else associated with the NBA, who would it be and why.

For me:

Alonzo Mourning: NJ gave you a 20 M dollar contract, and then you sat out an entire season because of a kidney transplant. After NJ gave you 5 mil for doing nothing, you come back to only demand a trade. Now, no team would want to trade for Zo straight up because of his kidney and his poor play, so ZO wanted a buyout, where NJ would pay 80% of his salary. He thought he deserved it.

Alonzo, you got paid millions to be a scrub and to sit out. You had no right to b1tch. You had no right to demand a buy-out, and then ask for more money. And you certainly won't EARN a ring with miami this year.

Bill Walton: Its not as bad this year, but previous years, he just could not stop kissing up to Kobe. "Kobe Bryant is the greatest scorer of all time". What a *******. I think he realizes that Kobe is not michael jordan now, but i would still beat him for all those years of listening to him praise kobe.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
I'd beat Ratner for selling our pick... I have since forgiven him a bit, but he should have traded it for a future pick at worst. Think about how we could have a future Blazer pick... couped with that Clippers pick.

-Petey

·
Registered
15 Posts
Petey said:
I'd beat Ratner for selling our pick... I have since forgiven him a bit, but he should have traded it for a future pick at worst. Think about how we could have a future Blazer pick... couped with that Clippers pick.

-Petey
Isiah Thomas for just being stupid!

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
KiddisaBlaze said:
Isiah Thomas for just being stupid!
Why?

He makes Ratner look good. Ratner is just cheap, Thomas is not to bright... LOL

-Petey

·
Registered
7,119 Posts
Probably Jayson Williams. :rocket:

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
byron scott and paul silas cause there like my basketball coach wich means they hate there players and make u run alot and think that they are the star of the team errrrrrrrrr :curse:

·
Registered
685 Posts
Bill Walton is such a blowhard. Every broadcast he wants to make comparisons with the greatest teams and players of all time. Sorry dude, some of us just want to watch the Grizzlies play the Mavs. If you're not interested in the game just shut up.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
DeezNets said:
Probably Zo, but Kidd isn't too far behind (still haven't gotten over him bashing his teammates in the offseason).
Bashing his teammates which time?

-Petey

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Scott- Still wondering if Mutumbo woulda made a difference on Shaq?

Zo- We give u another chance and put up with ur whining throughout...everyone gave up on ur while we wasted money on ur sorry butt. Good riddance and you need to retire...

Jay Bilas- Josh smith still gonna be a bust?

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
Petey said:

-Petey
The rat definitely deserves a good punch on the shoulder from every Nets fan. He should stand out there before a game and everyone should get to give him a shot on the way in.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
SeaNet said:
The rat definitely deserves a good punch on the shoulder from every Nets fan. He should stand out there before a game and everyone should get to give him a shot on the way in.

It wasn't Mr Ratners Fault..It was the other investor groups that made these decisions. Ratner was scared to go against them for fear of losing the funds they would have provided.

Im a season ticket holder who holds no animosity towards Ratner whatsoever...I am confident he will now spend what is necessary to improve this team.

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
Chris Webber. Just play basketball, and stop all the BS. Learn to live wo/ being the man for Christ's sake, the world doesn't revolve around you.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts