Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Kwisatz Haderach
Joined
·
31,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.. What would it be?

And answers like "I wouldn't hire O'Brien" aren't applicable since the hatred for him are well stated, and I want to see what else you guys would change if you could go back in time.
 

·
Wrong About Everything
Joined
·
13,525 Posts
Starting McKie and Iguadala instead of Iguadala and Robinson. Imagine a Robinson, Iggy, and Korver rotation.

Also, I would have tried harder to fit Green into a trade for Walker instead of the Webber trade, but at least they got rid of Corliss.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,824 Posts
Start Dalembert early in the season, and just give more consistent and better minutes overall.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Coatesvillain

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,278 Posts
Give Dalembert more minutes and adjust the system to complement Webber better. We could've also tried starting Glenn Robinson next to Iguodala, but O'Brien just insisted on starting Mckie.
 

·
Kwisatz Haderach
Joined
·
31,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would've given more playing time to Brian Skinner. He was utilized the wrong way here, it was like they expected him to be capable to do something with the ball offensively, and then forced him into the Obie defense and as a result he was benched. He was the player I hated losing the most in that trade, because I knew all along that he could be a productive player.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,278 Posts
PhillyPhanatic said:
I would've given more playing time to Brian Skinner. He was utilized the wrong way here, it was like they expected him to be capable to do something with the ball offensively, and then forced him into the Obie defense and as a result he was benched. He was the player I hated losing the most in that trade, because I knew all along that he could be a productive player.
Oh yeah, I completely forgot about that guy. I was expecting him to be good for us this season too. But, he was benched and never let back in for consistant minutes and was totally forgotten basically. He was a tough low post defender and rebounder that we could've used, but he couldn't shoot so he had to go.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,861 Posts
Yes, definitely. I would've started Robinson at the beginning of the year instead of McKie. Robinson's ego was bruised when he wasn't named the starter, therefore the "mysterious" injuries... I knew he was lost for the season after that.
Also, someone else mentioned playing Dalembert more minutes. Very true.

This obviously boils down to O'Brien's poor decision making. But we're not suppose to mention him.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Coatesvillain

·
Queensbridge
Joined
·
1,936 Posts
Kunlun said:
Give Dalembert more minutes and adjust the system to complement Webber better. We could've also tried starting Glenn Robinson next to Iguodala, but O'Brien just insisted on starting Mckie.
Agreed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,976 Posts
*agrees to the Dalembert thoughts*
 
  • Like
Reactions: Coatesvillain

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,861 Posts
MVPlaya said:
I'm still wondering if they could have gotten a better/younger player than Webber. But I'm not going to argue...
I have to admit, I use to be a big critic of Webber, but when I heard about us getting him, I was crazy happy! :biggrin:

As far as getting a better/younger player, I don't know... After seeing Baron Davis singlehandedly turn around the Warriors, he might've been an option, but I don't think the Hornets wanted anything we had. I still like us getting Webber. His knee problems make me a little nervous, but I'll take him any day over the 3 chumps we had.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,278 Posts
alleninsf said:
As far as getting a better/younger player, I don't know... After seeing Baron Davis singlehandedly turn around the Warriors, he might've been an option, but I don't think the Hornets wanted anything we had. I still like us getting Webber. His knee problems make me a little nervous, but I'll take him any day over the 3 chumps we had.
Baron Davis next to Iverson in the backcourt would not be pretty. They both jack up a lot of shots and are both undersized, they would be abused on defense.

I'm sitll pretty happy about the Webber deal because he's a lot more talented than any of the player we gave away and I believe he will adjust to the system by the time the playoffs come around.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top