Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.....watch a Blazer game - live - in any arena (other than the RG) in the NBA, where would it be......and why?

Personally, I like watching them right here in Atlanta. It gives me the opportunity to stretch-out and relax -- up close. :laugh:

·
Registered
8,264 Posts
Never been to Madison Square Garden. Unfortunately, if you want see a game there they force you to watch the Knicks.

I was quite surprised to find myself really enjoying a Suns/Warriors game in Oakland last year.

We started off in downtown Frisco. I told our bartender we were going to a Warriors game. His eyebrows lifted and he said, "Oh. Where do they play?"

Seats were up in the nosebleeds. Boykins was phenominal and Jamison put up something like 35. I think they lost anyway.

For some reason, a buzzer went off in the second quarter and wouldn't stop for 18 minutes. Midway through the buzz, I sipped my $7 Bud Light and asked my wife "God, is this what it's like to be a Warriors fan?"

Guy sitting in front of me turned and boomed out, "Oh HELL yeah. Every damned night." I proceeded then to get a lecture from half a dozen surrounding fans on the many, many incompetencies of the Golden State Warriors.

Gave me a real appreciation for Paul Allen, the Rose Garden and a 20 year playoff streak.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Originally posted by <b>theWanker</b>!
Gave me a real appreciation for a 20 year playoff streak.
If they keep playing as bad as they have forget about playoff 21

·
Banned
11,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
One of the coolest away Blazer games that i went to was when the Sonics had to play some home games in the Tacoma Dome.

Can't remember the year, I think it was around 1994 or 1995. The place was ROCKING - heh, with mostly Blazer fans.:laugh:

Shoulda seen the Sonics fans. They were so p****d! And, we LOVED every minute of it! Yes, the Blazers won. :yes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.