Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you were the Rockets GM, what changes would you make to this team? What trades would you try to work, what would you look for in the draft--how would you make this team better than it is?

Just thought it'd be a fun post to start the weekend. =)

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Other topics might include: What decisions would you have made in the (recent) past, involving trades, draft days, etc.

Since no one else will start, I guess I will.

Order number one: Get a true point guard. Jason Terry, from ATL, wants to be traded. I'd give up Taylor for him. Or someone else... Bring Mobley in off the bench.

Order number two: Teach Yao to attack the basket. Draft/Trade for/Sign a good post player, to help him out there when he feels like being timid.

In the past: I would've tried to hold onto Cassell, seeing how he's turned out. He was a small, but important piece of our championship years, and he's turned into an enormously talented player. Ooo. Imagine a backcourt of Francis, Cassell, and Mobley. I would've taken Rashard Lewis in the draft. He would've been a great addition to this team. I'd support a trade for him. Or signing him in the offseason, whenever he hits free agency.

·
Registered
600 Posts
if i were gm i would try to get a large power forward and a tall shooting guard mobley is 6'4 i would want a guard that was around 6'8 to back him up.

·
MVP
8,996 Posts
Originally posted by <b>KeiranHalcyon</b>!
Other topics might include: What decisions would you have made in the (recent) past, involving trades, draft days, etc.

Since no one else will start, I guess I will.

Order number one: Get a true point guard. Jason Terry, from ATL, wants to be traded. I'd give up Taylor for him. Or someone else... Bring Mobley in off the bench.
Jason Terry is anything but a true point guard. Like Francis, he is a SG in a PG body. But yea, the basics would include:

1. Getting a BIG true PG such as Eric Snow, who can defend the 2 on defense but allow Francis to play as a SG on offense. Make Mobley a 6th man, his impact would be best coming off the bench.
2. Yao = more aggressive
3. Francis... take some shooting lessons
4. Get a legitimate scorer... such as Mo Peterson (who is also a great defender)

·
Premium Member
19,992 Posts
i'd Trade Cat for Team player and defender kerrry kittles...make sure Ming gets 15 shots per game.

Pass the ball 4 times before shooting;)

·
MVP
8,996 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Tom</b>!
i'd Trade Cat for Team player and defender kerrry kittles...make sure Ming gets 15 shots per game.

Pass the ball 4 times before shooting;)
That was last years problem, Mobley has been anything but a ball hog this year and is playing a great supporting role for this team.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts