Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a poor start, Ilic has played well the last two games, averaging 10.5 ppg and 9 rpg. His foul problems have diminished as well. He and Drejer both play this weekend. Drejer of course is playing at the top of his game. Last two games, he is averaging 22.5 ppg along with 16.7 for the season. Also, NetsDaily has confirmed that the Nets have picked up Drejer's rights, meaning that he remains Nets property through next off season. Those rights could come in handy in a trade...if he keeps playing at this level.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
damn the Nets have a lot of pieces not on this team. It reminds me of the Spurs and how they had guys coming over from Europe like every year. With Illc, Drejer and a few 1st rounders, the Nets have some nice pieces to work with.

·
Premium Member
69,618 Posts
NetIncome said:
After a poor start, Ilic has played well the last two games, averaging 10.5 ppg and 9 rpg. His foul problems have diminished as well. He and Drejer both play this weekend. Drejer of course is playing at the top of his game. Last two games, he is averaging 22.5 ppg along with 16.7 for the season. Also, NetsDaily has confirmed that the Nets have picked up Drejer's rights, meaning that he remains Nets property through next off season. Those rights could come in handy in a trade...if he keeps playing at this level.
Nice!

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
NetIncome said:
Also, NetsDaily has confirmed that the Nets have picked up Drejer's rights, meaning that he remains Nets property through next off season.
How do you know? Who are your sources?

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
AND1NBA said:
How do you know? Who are your sources?
The source is included within NetIncome's post. Look again. :cheers:

·
Registered
907 Posts
Great update.

I have Ilic as my Roster Development Player in the keepers league at NBAinfo :clap: ...- and I think that everyone at BBB.net/Nets knows what I feel about Drejer...

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
NetIncome said:
Pretty impressive numbers.

-Petey

·
Registered
12,128 Posts
NetIncome said:
This is good news to hear.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
How competitive are there respective leagues?

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
MarionBarberThe4th said:
How competitive are there respective leagues?
Think Ilic is in a similar league Krstic had developed in.

-Petey

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Petey said:
Think Ilic is in a similar league Krstic had developed in.

-Petey
Some of the same teams are in the Adriatic League were in the Yuba League, including Partizan, Krstic's team, and Cibona, Planinic's team. But the Adriatic league is not as competitive as the Spanish League or the Italian League...where Drejer plays...which are viewed as the best leagues in Europe and that includes the Russian, German, French, Isreali and Greek leagues among others.

It's all about money. The former Yugoslavian teams do not have the budgets to compete with the others and that's why those teams sign their players to long term contracts at age 15 or 16 so they can keep them. Krstic, Planinic and Ilic were all signed by age 16.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
NetIncome said:
Some of the same teams are in the Adriatic League were in the Yuba League, including Partizan, Krstic's team, and Cibona, Planinic's team. But the Adriatic league is not as competitive as the Spanish League or the Italian League...where Drejer plays...which are viewed as the best leagues in Europe and that includes the Russian, German, French, Isreali and Greek leagues among others.

It's all about money. The former Yugoslavian teams do not have the budgets to compete with the others and that's why those teams sign their players to long term contracts at age 15 or 16 so they can keep them. Krstic, Planinic and Ilic were all signed by age 16.
Thanks for the updates once again, NI. It's good to see future Nets developing nicely.

I've never noticed this but after you put them all in the same sentence..

Krstic
Planinic
Ilic

Sound pretty nice together.

*Edit: Actually, is Ilic's name pronounced differently? Like Planinic is actually read like Planinich, correct? Same for Krstic (Krstich)? I don't think Ilic is Ilich... is it?

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
kdub said:
Thanks for the updates once again, NI. It's good to see future Nets developing nicely.

I've never noticed this but after you put them all in the same sentence..

Krstic
Planinic
Ilic

Sound pretty nice together.
I'm just itching for them to play together!

·
Registered
8,413 Posts
NetIncome said:
is drejer in the starting lineup for his team?
wat about illic?

·
Registered
907 Posts
Drejer is starting.. He's not yet their go-to-guy, but perhaps still the greatest talent.

I watched Italian TV the other day, allthough I don't understand Italian (SportsItalia).. They had a basketball show, so I decided to watch it, as I at least could see the videos.

The expert they had on the show, was talking about Drejer and mentioned NBA POTENTIALA, so I guess he's made some great impressions this season.

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ilic is having another good game today...8 points on 4-for-4 shooting with 3 boards, only 2 fouls and 5 blocks in three quarters. 5 blocks is something Krstic never did in Europe.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts