Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
13,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He has been invited to the National Team tryouts in July. If he makes it, he will go to Tokyo for the World Championships and back up Krstic and Milicic.

That would mean Krstic, Nachbar and Ilic would play in Tokyo this August while Planinic and Drejer would play in the Eurobasket qualifying round in Madrid this July. And you KNOW the Nets will draft another international player with three picks.

http://www.netsdaily.com

· Burned
18,770 Posts
NetIncome said:
And you KNOW the Nets will draft another international player with three picks.
If the Nets can't trade up, there is a 99% chance they will take a Euro player with the second pick.

There is no way they are financially committing to two first rounders.

The good news about that is that they will probably take a player in the 2nd round with a legit chance to make the roster.

· Registered
13,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ghoti said:
If the Nets can't trade up, there is a 99% chance they will take a Euro player with the second pick.

There is no way they are financially committing to two first rounders.

The good news about that is that they will probably take a player in the 2nd round with a legit chance to make the roster.
Marko Lekic...you heard it here first...6'11", 260 PF

"It seems they haven't been overly impressed with anyone in these individual workouts. One of the players they liked the most was Marko Lekic of Serbia-Montenegro. But he withdrew from the draft."

--Al Iannazzone, YES, June 23, 2005

http://www.yesnetwork.com/nets/news.asp?news_id=1182

· Burned
18,770 Posts
miki said:
Marko Lekic never had decent game in Serbian League.I am not very high on me.He has very good size but he never got improved.But anyrhing is possible in the NBA these days.
Can you give us a guy you like that the Nets can draft? It's always great to hear from people who have watched these guys play.

Have you seen Sefolosha, Markota, Jankunas, Pecherov, Dragic, Tomic? Maybe some guy I've never heard of?

· Registered
377 Posts
Markota had solid season for Cibona.I think he need to stay in Europe and develope his game.I saw Ante Tomic on European junior championship in Belgrade.He was so skiny there.He had trouble with other centers.He has some skills but its way to early for him to come NBA.He need to get stronger and he need to work on his game.He is like 7'2 200 pounds something like that.But he is only 18 I think same as Serbian prospect Aleksandrov.Tomic is not on Aleksandrov level but he has nice upside.

· Registered
1,024 Posts
What about Ilic, miki? Have you seen him play much?

· Registered
377 Posts
I saw couple games in Uleb Cup and Adriatic League this sesaon.He played good especially in Uleb Cup.But his minutes went down and his club play Samardziski much more.He is out from his club after this sesaon and thats why they dont play him alot.Thats my opinion.

· Registered
2,171 Posts
miki said:
I saw couple games in Uleb Cup and Adriatic League this sesaon.He played good especially in Uleb Cup.But his minutes went down and his club play Samardziski much more.He is out from his club after this sesaon and thats why they dont play him alot.Thats my opinion.
That sounds good to me!

· Registered
13,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
miki said:
Markota had solid season for Cibona.I think he need to stay in Europe and develope his game.I saw Ante Tomic on European junior championship in Belgrade.He was so skiny there.He had trouble with other centers.He has some skills but its way to early for him to come NBA.He need to get stronger and he need to work on his game.He is like 7'2 200 pounds something like that.But he is only 18 I think same as Serbian prospect Aleksandrov.Tomic is not on Aleksandrov level but he has nice upside.
Ah, Aleksandrov. What a shame. I wonder where he play next year. Better to get out of Serbia at this point and prove that despite his knee, he can play at a high level.

· Registered
5,515 Posts
The NETS will draft two 1st rounders that can come in and play..while for the second round I think they will stash another Euro...

· Registered
13,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
miki said:
Marko Lekic never had decent game in Serbian League.I am not very high on me.He has very good size but he never got improved.But anyrhing is possible in the NBA these days.
He had several good workouts last year, one in New York with several teams present, one with the Nets, at least one out west with the Clippers. Some thought he was a "workout wonder" like Tskitishvili, a player who looks good in workouts, but has little game experience. Still the Nets liked him and might have taken him instead of Ilic if he stayed in.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.