Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Administrator 12/02--7/07
36,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rock on. Props to UW-Mil for their performance (especially that first half swarming press) but the Cinderella story is over.

When the Orange is a rockin' don't bother knockin'!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
:)

·
"Meow."
5,595 Posts

Illini just undressed Wisonsin/Milwaukee!

[let the bad puns continue]

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
Congratulations, Illinites. The game wasn't on down here, we got Louisville/Washington. Who do you have next?

As a die-hard UK Wildcat, I really don't know what it feels like to get excited over going to the Elite Eight, but enjoy it anyway. [/requisite college smack-talking]

·
36,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bullsville said:
Congratulations, Illinites. The game wasn't on down here, we got Louisville/Washington. Who do you have next?
Winner of Arizona/OK State

·
36,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
bullsville said:
As a die-hard UK Wildcat, I really don't know what it feels like to get excited over going to the Elite Eight, but enjoy it anyway. [/requisite college smack-talking]
Some entities...which became functional in Urbana, Illinois (1/12/92)...don't appreciate college smack-talking...Daaaaaave...

HAL 9000

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
:curse: Bruce pearl.

Head did awesome considering he is fighting through an injury and williams really picked it up in the second half. All in all it was a pretty nice game.

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
TomBoerwinkle#1 said:
Some entities...which became functional in Urbana, Illinois...don't appreciate college smack-talking...Daaaaaave...

HAL 9000
LOL, actually the one time I did get excited over UK going to the Elite Eight- 1992, Mashburn and a bunch of nobodys rallied behind Pitino and our probation-induced team of over-achievers were 2.1 seconds away from the most improbable UK Final Four in school history when Satan Lucifer Laettner hit the most famous shot in NCAA hoops history...

But I convienently keep that memory suppressed most of the year, so I usually have no recall of the 1992 NCAA Tournament and the excitement of even reaching the Elite Eight.

I'm sorry, I have to go, I now need to run to the pharmacy and refill my Xanax...

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Illini looked pretty good tonight. Salim Stoudamire is a lights out shooter so he might give us problems. Should be an awesome game vs. ARI... they similarly run a 3 guard offense (yes I consider Hassan Adams a guard)

·
Rollin Wit Da Homies
5,080 Posts
Anything short of the Final Four, I'd be disappointed with our Illini. We've been to the Elite Eight in recent history.

However, once IN the Final Four, I'm not UTTERLY disappointed if we lose at that level. Usually there's a lot of parity at that level.

HOWEVER, I do think this is our year.

Arizona can score in bunches; we score systematically.

Arizona doesn't play great defense; we do (holding opponents in the tournament to below 40%).

Arizona likes playing at a fast pace; we can score and defend in transition or in the open court.

I give our guards the advantage in the matchup, although Arizona has plenty for us to deal with. However, I think that their guards will be a bit tired out from trying to contain OUR guards, while our guards are more used to playing serious defense all the time.

Reactions: The Truth

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
ChiBulls2315 said:
Booooooooooooooooooo!!! :D
:laugh:

Join us. Its not too late.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
ChiBulls2315 said:
Uh uh. I still got UW left. :cheers:
I'm rooting for Wisconsin actually. At this point, I'd like to see three Big10 teams in the Elite Eight.

Hate, hate the East coast bias. You could hear it through Bilas' words tonight. Subtly so critical of the Illini. " Deron Williams should have jumped off two feet for that layup....." I was going to hurl.

·
Registered
8,438 Posts
superdave said:
Illini looked pretty good tonight. Salim Stoudamire is a lights out shooter so he might give us problems. Should be an awesome game vs. ARI... they similarly run a 3 guard offense (yes I consider Hassan Adams a guard)
6'4" guard/power forward. Is he the next coming of Q Rich or what?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts