1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Administrator 12/02--7/07
36,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OH

MY

GOD!!!!

What a game! Down 15 late and rally for the tie, then hold on to that one point lead [Larivee voice]by the slimmest of margins[/Larivee voice]

Destiny!

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
TomBoerwinkle#1 said:
Oh

My

God!!!!
I have never come so close to crying during a basketball game!!! That comeback was electric... still getting chills over that

:mob:

·
The Snake
6,527 Posts
Wow. I would've gave them a 0.01 chance down 15 with 4 to play. Arizona combusted. No chokes, no blowing a game, they combusted, detonated themselves into oblivion. Still possibly the best DAY of basketball ever. Two OT games where both teams climb back from 15 pt deficits in the 2nd half. Amazing.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
T.Shock said:
Wow. I would've gave them a 0.01 chance down 15 with 4 to play. Arizona combusted. No chokes, no blowing a game, they combusted, detonated themselves into oblivion. Still possibly the best DAY of basketball ever. Two OT games where both teams climb back from 15 pt deficits in the 2nd half. Amazing.
I thought it was over too. Who comes back from 15 with 4 minutes to play?

Luther and Deron stepped up big time to close out the game

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
And without Hinrich. :D

Actually, that raises a good question.

Would KH have been the best player on the court tonight in that game?

Is Skiles a better coach (just coaching) than either of the two on the sideline tonight?

·
Administrator 12/02--7/07
36,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bullsville said:
Congratulations, Illinois, great comeback.

I don't understand your joy, but congrats anyway. [/requisite college smack] :)

We have discussed this...college smack...issue in the recent past...Dave. I cannot allow you to jeopardize this mission...Why don't you take a stress pill and relax for a while...Dave...

Your pal from Urbana,

H.A.L.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Perhaps Deron Williams just punched a ticket into the NBA green room...and the 1st PG taken (over Paul) this summer perhaps?!

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
Please.

I am a Kentucky fan who lives in Florida. I get so few chances to talk any smack, much like a Yankees fan living in Boston (until this year), it's only a rivalry if both teams have a chance of winning.

But congratulations. I went to HS right across the border from Danville, I know this means a lot to Illini Nation. I hope you guys win, unless of course we somehow meet up.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
superdave said:
Perhaps Deron Williams just punched a ticket into the NBA green room...and the 1st PG taken (over Paul) this summer perhaps?!
I think he has as well when you look at defense,the leadership ,and the ability to knock down the big shot I think he a lottery pick for sure now .

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
bullsville said:
Maybe I've been reading too much from the anti-Kirk crowd, but I thought defense and leadership were overrated? :biggrin:

:) I dont think anyone believes that .I do however believe that you have to have other apsetcs of your game going as well and Deron has that .He has the best midrange game in college of all the pg's.I think he will a sam cassell offensive game with better defense less baggage .

·
Registered
640 Posts
Congrats ILLINI...

I thought it was over.. and was trying to play mind tricks with myself....that it was still a successful season.

When they pulled it out.. I was jumping around almost broke furniture in my house.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I've watched almost every game of Deron Williams' career and I can tell you he's going to be a lot better than Frank Williams. A mid first round pick sounds about right for him.

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
I can't think of a scenario where Williams goes ahead of EITHER paul or felton....

Edit: I can't believe I broke my vow of silence in the first night.

·
Queensbridge
1,936 Posts
Great performance by the Illini! You deserved it.

Not a fan of either team, but I'm really happy for you guys. The way the defense worked and how well Deron covered Salim was really the reason why you won. This left open space for Hassan Adams and others, but still, you were the better team.

You must continue to play this type of aggresive defense to go to the next level, IMO.

·
Me lose brain? Uh oh!
5,702 Posts
I obviously made a colossal mistake in agreeing to meet my gf for an early dinner. CURSES! :)

I'm a bandwagon Illini fan, but I sure wish I could have watched that game.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts