Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,121 Posts
as a season ticket holder, i have to say that i see no desire to win... and oh yeah, you may as well add that dee brown = officially overrated too... cause he isnt playing well this year
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,683 Posts
I wouldn't say overrated just yet, Northwestern is a much better team than what they used to be. We just typically have thought of them as a team that sucks, but they looked really good out there. Dee Brown is definitely not overrated, people don't know him and his abilities, they haven't seen the real Dee Brown much this year, I hope he comes out of his shell though. The one thing that concerned me most was the zone offense. I think that Weber really needs to watch the game tape and see that they did a horrible job against the zone. Slowly passing it around the perimeter is not the way to beat it. They need to penetrate the gaps, pass it around fast, skip it, and get it in the middle of the zone. If I was playing the Illini, I'd definitely zone them as it's a weakness.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
93 Posts
I wouldn't lose hope yet. You've still got your Indianas and Michigan States and Minnesotas to build up confidence and a good conference record against. Although I did whiff on Illinois winning in my predictions for the week.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
27,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Maybe I'm putting too much against them but they have looked pathetic the last 2 games.. Probably because the zone defense against us kills tem.. I'm not saying we arent talented (We surely are, lol).. It's just sad knowing we are starting the Big Ten season 1-2.. But I'll take the 10-4 Record overall anyday..
 

·
Fomer Admins are Kewl!
Joined
·
15,460 Posts
I stated in the NBA draft forum that I was sold on Dee Brown as a premier guard in the country and his play is starting to show. Maybe it was him playing in the junior olympics or worlds or whatever but it makes no difference. Thats cupcake, he would play 82 plus if he were in the NBA
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,683 Posts
Originally posted by <b>BEEZ</b>!
I stated in the NBA draft forum that I was sold on Dee Brown as a premier guard in the country and his play is starting to show. Maybe it was him playing in the junior olympics or worlds or whatever but it makes no difference. Thats cupcake, he would play 82 plus if he were in the NBA
I got the opportunity to watch Dee Brown shoot around this summer and I came away so impressed with his great ability and then his performance at the Worlds, I was really thinking Dee had fixed his shooting woes from last year, but he still hasn't. Dee had the perfect stroke going this summer and his release and follow-through looked flawless. However, once he gets in games, it's not the same Dee shooting out there. I don't know if it's the pressure or what but something is messing up his shot. That's why I say people don't know the real Dee Brown. Not saying that I do but I know Dee can shoot the lights out with flawless form.
 

·
Fomer Admins are Kewl!
Joined
·
15,460 Posts
Originally posted by <b>allenive21</b>!


I got the opportunity to watch Dee Brown shoot around this summer and I came away so impressed with his great ability and then his performance at the Worlds, I was really thinking Dee had fixed his shooting woes from last year, but he still hasn't. Dee had the perfect stroke going this summer and his release and follow-through looked flawless. However, once he gets in games, it's not the same Dee shooting out there. I don't know if it's the pressure or what but something is messing up his shot. That's why I say people don't know the real Dee Brown. Not saying that I do but I know Dee can shoot the lights out with flawless form.
I agree with you allenive21 to an extent the thing is, he got the next Iverson rap and this and that but I dont see it at all. Hes not affecting the game in other ways. I mean hes not playing D all hes looking to do is shoot and if it werent for Deron Williams they would be absolutely no where. Hes the best guard on that team
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,683 Posts
Originally posted by <b>BEEZ</b>!
I agree with you allenive21 to an extent the thing is, he got the next Iverson rap and this and that but I dont see it at all. Hes not affecting the game in other ways. I mean hes not playing D all hes looking to do is shoot and if it werent for Deron Williams they would be absolutely no where
Well the thing is, the presence of Dee does affect the game if you'd watch the game. He plays the passing lanes very well but his on the ball D is a little lacking because it's a matter of Dee having to save himself. Dee and Deron both have to play a lot of minutes and I don't think that Dee is always going 100% which he can't all the time because of what he has to do.

Originally posted by <b>BEEZ</b>!
and if it werent for Deron Williams they would be absolutely no where. Hes the best guard on that team
This is a ridiculous statement, obviously you missed the fact that Deron was out with a broken jaw and the Illini kept playing. It's been Richard McBride who's been playing in Deron's minutes. He stepped up in a big way once he started to start and I've been very impressed with him. However, the man that has gotten the Illini to where they are is Dee. Dee is the leader of the Illini, vocally and by his actions. The one man fastbreak always can run when he's got open court, regardless of if he's tired. Yes, Deron is a good player but the Illini have already proved that they can win without him on the court. He's not in Dee's class. That's why the Illini have gone somewhere without him.
 

·
Fomer Admins are Kewl!
Joined
·
15,460 Posts
Originally posted by <b>allenive21</b>!


Well the thing is, the presence of Dee does affect the game if you'd watch the game. He plays the passing lanes very well but his on the ball D is a little lacking because it's a matter of Dee having to save himself. Dee and Deron both have to play a lot of minutes and I don't think that Dee is always going 100% which he can't all the time because of what he has to do.



This is a ridiculous statement, obviously you missed the fact that Deron was out with a broken jaw and the Illini kept playing. It's been Richard McBride who's been playing in Deron's minutes. He stepped up in a big way once he started to start and I've been very impressed with him. However, the man that has gotten the Illini to where they are is Dee. Dee is the leader of the Illini, vocally and by his actions. The one man fastbreak always can run when he's got open court, regardless of if he's tired. Yes, Deron is a good player but the Illini have already proved that they can win without him on the court. He's not in Dee's class. That's why the Illini have gone somewhere without him.
My statement wasnt ridiculous I hadnt watched the games recently and I hadnt known Deron was out. McBride is more than capable as well. Back to Dee he might as well get used to going all out because he wont make it in the league like that
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,683 Posts
Originally posted by <b>BEEZ</b>!
My statement wasnt ridiculous I hadnt watched the games recently and I hadnt known Deron was out. McBride is more than capable as well. Back to Dee he might as well get used to going all out because he wont make it in the league like that
Well Dee will have the ability to go all out when he has a capable back-up but right now, he doesn't. Regardless of if you've watched games or not, the statement is ridiculous because you stated it.
 

·
Fomer Admins are Kewl!
Joined
·
15,460 Posts
Originally posted by <b>allenive21</b>!


Well Dee will have the ability to go all out when he has a capable back-up but right now, he doesn't. Regardless of if you've watched games or not, the statement is ridiculous because you stated it.
Like I said, my statement wasnt ridiculous but misinformed but even after watching it holds some weight. I could easily say that your above statement is ridiculous but its not because thats your opinion, so dont do that again.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,683 Posts
Originally posted by <b>BEEZ</b>!
Like I said, my statement wasnt ridiculous but misinformed but even after watching it holds some weight. I could easily say that your above statement is ridiculous but its not because thats your opinion, so dont do that again.
Well what you said was an off the wall statement and regardless of it's your opinion or not, it's ridiculous. The statement that I made makes sense, and an argument could be made towards it, yours couldn't. You're wrong, it's not a big deal, just some people can't accept things...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,683 Posts
Originally posted by <b>BEEZ</b>!
What a difference a year makes. I guess I was right when I said Deron was the best guard on that team.
And I see you're still not watching the games....
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,683 Posts
I've never heard of Dee Williams and I don't remember me stating anywhere that Dee Brown is better than Deron Williams, hmmmm looks like Beez just never knows the Illini or me. Good try though.....
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top