Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the Bulls seem to be one of my top 5 teams to watch for this upcoming season. Great depth, great talent, great potential.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
I will hold my judgement on approval or disapproval

....until after the first 15-20 games or so...lets see what we got here boys and girls?:grinning:

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
The first 15 - 20 games are going to blow - any judgement thereafter is just bound for disappointmentville

·
Registered
936 Posts
Re: I will hold my judgement on approval or disapproval

Originally posted by <b>BamaBull</b>!
....until after the first 15-20 games or so...lets see what we got here boys and girls?:grinning:
YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING!!! :eek:

Take a look at their early season schedule:

Oct 30 Wed @ Boston 6:00 pm FSChi --
Nov 1 Fri New Orleans 7:30 pm WCIU --
Nov 2 Sat @ Atlanta 6:00 pm WGN Super --
Nov 4 Mon @ Toronto 6:00 pm FSChi --
Nov 6 Wed Boston 7:30 pm FSChi --
Nov 8 Fri Dallas 7:30 pm FSChi --
Nov 9 Sat New Jersey 7:30 pm WGN Super --
Nov 13 Wed @ Milwaukee 7:00 pm FSChi --
Nov 15 Fri @ New Orleans 7:30 pm FSChi --
Nov 16 Sat Memphis 7:30 pm WGN --
Nov 19 Tue @ Sacramento 9:00 pm FSChi --
Nov 20 Wed @ Golden State 9:30 pm WGN --
Nov 22 Fri @ L.A. Lakers 9:30 pm FSChi --
Nov 23 Sat @ Utah 8:00 pm WGN Super --
Nov 27 Wed @ Boston 6:00 pm WCIU --
Nov 30 Sat @ Dallas 7:30 pm WGN Super --
Dec 3 Tue New Orleans 7:30 pm FSChi --
Dec 4 Wed @ Cleveland 6:00 pm FSChi --
Dec 6 Fri @ Toronto 7:00pm WCIU--

We're talking about 13 road games out of their first 19! :uhoh:

There is absolutely no way anyone will be able to pass judgement on this team after 20 games...that is, of course, unless they go 19-1. :grinning:

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Originally posted by <b>murdarous</b>!
the Bulls seem to be one of my top 5 teams to watch for this upcoming season. Great depth, great talent, great potential.

You said it all.....I'm with your opinion as well...
They are the Future and the future maybe just NOW!!!
They will be very exciting to watch next season, they have a good foundation and a good mix of youth and a few young Vets. Keep this team together, let them gell as a unit and let the Running of the Bulls begin - :eek: :D

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Re: Re: I'm a big time Raptor fan but i must say...

Originally posted by <b><<<D>>></b>!

Keep this team together, let them gell as a unit and let the Running of the Bulls begin - :eek: :D
Thats the first time since 98 i heard anybody say "The running of the bulls" it feels real good to hear that. I sure hope the Bulls start running again, cuz the past 4 years they've just been cooped up in a petting zoo. Let em out already. All great teams have a transition period after their dynasties, the lakers of the 80's, celtics and so on. I dont think its gonna be a whole decade before we become a championship quality team. We very well may be in a couple years.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Re: Re: Re: I'm a big time Raptor fan but i must say...

Originally posted by <b>ScottVdub</b>!

Thats the first time since 98 i heard anybody say "The running of the bulls" it feels real good to hear that. I sure hope the Bulls start running again, cuz the past 4 years they've just been cooped up in a petting zoo. Let em out already. All great teams have a transition period after their dynasties, the lakers of the 80's, celtics and so on. I dont think its gonna be a whole decade before we become a championship quality team. We very well may be in a couple years.
I like your post, theirs a lot of sense to it...

Better yet ScottVdub......
HOW ABOUT........THE STAMPEDING OF DA BULLS!!!

I'm a Laker die-Hard to the heart, but I appreciate and respect quality teams around the NBA and the Bulls has always been one of my personal favorites, it's their time now...........ALL OVER AGAIN :eek: :eek: :eek: :D

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Remember the name <<< D >>>, Bulls fans, this guy really knows what he's talking about.

It's great to hear guys like <<< D >>> and murdarous, non-Bulls fans complimenting the team. Feels good, don't it?:rbanana:

·
Registered
785 Posts
Re: Re: I will hold my judgement on approval or disapproval

Originally posted by <b>DickieHurtz</b>!

YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING!!! :eek:

Take a look at their early season schedule:

Oct 30 Wed @ Boston 6:00 pm FSChi --
Nov 1 Fri New Orleans 7:30 pm WCIU --
Nov 2 Sat @ Atlanta 6:00 pm WGN Super --
Nov 4 Mon @ Toronto 6:00 pm FSChi --
Nov 6 Wed Boston 7:30 pm FSChi --
Nov 8 Fri Dallas 7:30 pm FSChi --
Nov 9 Sat New Jersey 7:30 pm WGN Super --
Nov 13 Wed @ Milwaukee 7:00 pm FSChi --
Nov 15 Fri @ New Orleans 7:30 pm FSChi --
Nov 16 Sat Memphis 7:30 pm WGN --
Nov 19 Tue @ Sacramento 9:00 pm FSChi --
Nov 20 Wed @ Golden State 9:30 pm WGN --
Nov 22 Fri @ L.A. Lakers 9:30 pm FSChi --
Nov 23 Sat @ Utah 8:00 pm WGN Super --
Nov 27 Wed @ Boston 6:00 pm WCIU --
Nov 30 Sat @ Dallas 7:30 pm WGN Super --
Dec 3 Tue New Orleans 7:30 pm FSChi --
Dec 4 Wed @ Cleveland 6:00 pm FSChi --
Dec 6 Fri @ Toronto 7:00pm WCIU--

We're talking about 13 road games out of their first 19! :uhoh:

There is absolutely no way anyone will be able to pass judgement on this team after 20 games...that is, of course, unless they go 19-1. :grinning:
The Bulls can easily start out 4-15 this season. That's a rough stretch right there.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
This is a very interesting time in Chicago Bulls history right now. I do not expect a great deal of wins this season, nor do I expect to make the playoffs but this is the first time in 5 seasons we've had something to be excited about. I mean, I was excited when we drafted Brand but at the same time I knew that there wasnt any pieces of the puzzle put together. In fact, the plan of the puzzles design hadnt even been created yet. Now we have 3 players who could very well be in our starting line-up and be stars for 10 years, and maybe even longer. Jwill, Curry, and Chandler are all 19 and 20 years old. 10 years from now they will only be 30 year olds. They all have the tools to become elite players at their respected positions. Rose will be effective for at least another 4 or 5 seasons. These next 2 years I expect he'll be the man but after that he may take on a different role. Fizer is a 6th man type of player. Hassel could be a solid starter in the future. We dont necessarily need marquee names from the draft anymore, we just need to set a structure for the team and pick players who will fill that. If we are in the lottery this year I think we should get a back up C or a shooting guard. If Crawford works out well have a line up like this for about 5 or so years.

PG Williams, Crawford
SG Hassel, (2003 lottery pick?)
sf Rose, Marshall
PF Chandler, Fizer
C Curry, (2003 draft pick?)

this is going to be a scary team. Next year I think they'll make the playoffs and possibly be a second round team then after that the skys the limit.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts